cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet High Ping Disappointed

yanpun

Plusnet High Ping Disappointed

From i started to become to be a with Plusnet, my internet is fine most time but the ping is ridiculous, it can go from 0 to 700. how can i carry on with Plusnet? and when my ping is high when im playing game, the ping in the game says 3000, and when i check on the bt speed test it says ping 0. surly its a mess. and if i want to make future test it says:
The Performance Tester is currently unable to run a speed test for your broadband connection. Please try again shortly, however if this problem persists, raise the issue with your service provider.
you cant have a ping of 0. and the call waiting time is mostly around 30mins?
[Moderator's note by Dick(Strat) All caps title edited as per forum rule.
6 REPLIES 6
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet High Ping Disappointed

Hi there,
Are you testing wired or wireless? Can you let us know which game you're playing, which platform too.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
yanpun

hi, i am playing euw league of legend. and i am using wired. its not just gaming, youtube steaming as well. the internet is not stable. i am thinking of switching to other provider if this problem keeps going on.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

We're not seeing much instability on your line:

Your line is connecting at a decent speed on the download, but the upload is lower than it should be so I've placed an order to uncap it. That should complete tomorrow and hopefully will help a little.
Speed
Up: 448
Down: 15596
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Interesting to see this.  We've been plagued with high ping times since we moved to Plusnet (have a ticket open).  Plusnet seem to be running out of ideas, but part of their argument seems to be that it must be something at my end because nobody else is having the same issue.  Clearly that's not the case.
danielmclean
Grafter

i have have high ping of  average  is 77
aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

Did you get anywhere with this?