cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Gateway PTN-AG04 Querry

deathtrap
Grafter

Plusnet Gateway PTN-AG04 Querry

I had been connected to the above ptn-ag04 GW  for over 1 week, until early this morning  @ around 5am, My PPP session got dropped for no apparent reason as far as i can tell, I noticed because i was using the connection at that time, and it for some reason wouldn't re connect, any reasons as to  Why  this happens ?
my router tried for around 20 mins to re establish a session,  i had to manually  stop it from trying to connect  and initiate the  connect  sequence,  It then connected again, Did anyone else who was on the above gateway get kicked too ,or was it just me ?
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet Gateway PTN-AG04 Querry

If it was just a PPP disconnect and you remained in synch then it's likely to have been the result of localised outage/maintenance affecting BT Wholesale's network or the result of us manually disconnecting customers to bring the network back into balance following this work.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

deathtrap
Grafter

Ok, so that could /would be the cause of the loss of PPP ,but why couldn't the router establish a new PPP session by it's self, it normally does this without problems, But  in any case I'm reasonably happy with the GW i'm currently on
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Does seem odd, unless for some reason the connection kept routing to the gateway that was under maintenance - if so that will have cleared itself out as soon as you connected manually. Sorry about that, but glad to hear things are all working.