cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre - House Move Delays

infectededen
Grafter

Plusnet Fibre - House Move Delays

Arranged 10 days in advance for my internet to be transferred to the new address to make sure it all went smoothly as I do everything through it so not having it is a complete nightmare.
2 appointments booked, one for 3rd and one for 4th. On the 3rd, nobody turned up and on the 4th the guy obviously couldn't do anything.

Phoned up and received the notice that Plusnet need to contact suppliers and i'll hear something in 24-48 hours.

Is this pretty common?
What are the typical timescales for this sort of thing?
If it's going to be a while I might as well take my PC over to someone elses house because my wife needs it to do her OU work. Not to mention grocery shopping, bills, sport, gaming, music and what not that all requires the internet.
I can see us having moved into our lovely new house and spending the next month elsewhere 90% of the time!!!

Might be quicker to put a new order in with someone else so will hopefully hear back within the 48 hours to get a timescale.
18 REPLIES 18
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Fibre - House Move Delays

Quote from: infectededen
On the 3rd, nobody turned up

How much compensation have you been offered? Plusnet should receive £45 from OpenReach for the missed appointment. Link
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
infectededen
Grafter

Didn't get offered any compensation. Openreach did turn up to do the work at the box because I seen the guy working there. I assumed from there he would be coming to see me so told my wife but he never turned up at the house to do that work. turns out he had got to the box and that some 'external' work? needs to be done.
So guess compensation wise there wouldn't be anything as they did turn up. I'm just not sure why nobody thought to pre-check what work needs done - i assume this would be common practise for any orders.

I'll just have to wait and see what work needs to be done. When I first phoned up 10 days ago I said it was a new build with no line in, but thought that's what the guy was coming to do, followed by the guy installing the broadband. Turns out a 3rd person needs to do something before any of those....Madness
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

Quote from: infectededen
I assume this would be common practise for any orders.
....Madness

Hi,
Welcome to the forums - hopefully one of the helpful guys from the DCT will be along to update you soon.

Assumptions are dangerous!  It would certainly be common sense but there seems to be very little of that in BTw/BTOR service delivery.  Your summary is sadly all too true.
Hope this is sorted for you soon.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

infectededen
Grafter

Yes assumptions are ineed dangerous. I never usually assume anything will happen as I expect it to, but in this case I was moving home and the exact same time as moving someone else into my previous home so had to leave some things and hope they just went as planned 😞
I'll probably calm down a bit later...but on both TUE and WED I put in 13 hours of lifting and moving so needless to see I was not in the mood for much!!

Hopefully it can be sorted out asap.
infectededen
Grafter

Just got a voicemail saying the pre-work is complete and an engineer appointment is booked for the 13th.
No mention of a 2nd appointment this time though so trying to get through now to clarify it and see if there is anything available sooner due it being delayed in the first place.
But at least there is some progress.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi, Sorry to hear about the delay. I've checked and the line is now with us so the appointment for the 13th is for the fibre installation which appears to be the soonest available date.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
infectededen
Grafter

Thanks for clearing that up Adam. It's a shame it's ended up being delayed 10 days but as long as it all goes ahead on the 13th then I'm happy I have a date again rather than it being up in the air.
Maybe I shouldn't move house after getting the PS4 - there are no offline games I like so it's an expensive paperweight until the internet is up and running again! haha.
For my part-time studies, I'll just have to ask for a weeks extension on the next assignment
infectededen
Grafter

Well this is getting ridiculous now like. Just had a text today to say the Friday 13th appointment is for 'phone line installation' and the fibre appointment can then be booked - probably another flippin 10 days wait.
Also had the cheek to say they will charge me £50 for not being there. That takes some nerve like considering how messed around I've been so far.
Wish I'd just started a new order elsewhere now - it'd have been done by now. I can't wait another 2 weeks. Bought a brand new house and barely been in it since because I can't do a whole lot without the internet in there. As if I havne't got enough going on right now...
gnicholson8
Grafter

Wish I could help but can only say I feel your pain, my house move (including both ISP's) was two months before I got it installed, All of it was due to BT Openreach incompetence.
Good luck with it but speak to PN and ask if they can do a duel install on the same day (not always possible) or pencil/provisionally hold a slot for the fibre (I've known ISP's to be able to do this on occasion and get a slot a day or two after)
infectededen
Grafter

Yeah they penciled it in last time but then it couldn't be done when the guy turned up so this time they say they will expedite my fibre appointment. It's just really frustrating because me and my wife both study through the OU and being without the internet is really affecting our studies giving that we work full time already and you cna't move deadlines so it's not only really inconvenient but it means a lot of extra time, effort and money going back and forth to use the internet in various places as and when we can.
I went out of MY way to make sure it was done well in advance.
But this is what happens. Sitting at work this morning to find out someone from work has hit my brand new car. It never rains but it pours eh...
infectededen
Grafter

LOL I went home from work yesterday for an hour and there was an OpenReach Engineer parked up right outside my front door. Honestly, he just sat in the van the entire time I was there and was still there when I left.
And I can't get an appointment for 7-10 days? In that hour+ he could have done my work, or someone else's who is no doubt waiting eagerly for it.
No wonder nothing gets done...
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 157

You should have knocked on his window, invited him in for a cuppa and asked him if he could pull the job up...  Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

infectededen
Grafter

Yeah I think I should have!!!
Mind you he didn't look like he wanted to work...
Hopefully when it comes to the actual job on Friday I get someone who doens't mind doing some work.
infectededen
Grafter

Well the line is being installed now it seems.
Wonder if it's worth phoning Plusnet now to try and expedite the fibre installation ASAP.