cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fibre Extra to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre?

c0dec
Grafter

Plusnet Fibre Extra to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre?

Im currently on the Plusnet Fibre Extra product with the Pro bolt on, would there be any downgrade in my service at peak times by moving to the unlimited service and can I bring my Pro bolt on across? I couldn't see any mention of the Pro bolt on on my account or anywhere on the Plusnet site really! I am paying for it though! Tongue
Dan
10 REPLIES 10
c0dec
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Fibre Extra to Plusnet Unlimited Fibre?

Infact I stand corrected, I can find it on the Plusnet site! In that case, is the Unlimited product really unlimited? I always thought Plusnet never belived in truely unlimited products? It would seem stupid to stay on my 250GB a month contract if I can get truely unlimited, or am I missing something here? Tongue
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

No change to your service and given the reduced traffic shaping on the new package the Pro addon shouldn't be needed but if you really want to give Plusnet an extra £5 per month it is available
You do start a new 18 month contract though
To get to it just click on Addons on the top menu bar which gives this https://portal.plus.net/AddOns.html and mine shows (on unlimited but not fibre)
c0dec
Grafter

Might well wait until im out of contract (6 months) so I can hopefully take it on a monthly contract rather than changing now and triggering another 18 month one off.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I don't think that is possible but perhaps a rep can confirm
c0dec
Grafter

I can't have Fibre Unlimited on a monthly contract depsite already have run 18 months on another product? Sad Surely I would be on a monthly contract if I was to stay on this product after 18 months so it would be the same difference? Obviously I won't need activating or the hardware on the new package.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

have a read here http://community.plus.net/unlimited-faq/
There isn't a no contract option with fibre AFAIK
This post and the next one answers your specific query
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,110092.msg943000.html#msg943000
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Jim's correct, you'd have a new contract when changing up to the Unlimited Fibre service.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
c0dec
Grafter

So in that case I might as well change whenever then?
What happens after the 18 months on my current contract then if I did change? Do I have to start another 18 month contract after it ends I assume?
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Pretty sure your existing contract doesn't start another 18 month contract when it ends, not even sure if that would be allowed (it's OK to ask for a re-contract on a product change but not to automatically re-contract at end of contract).
Must be something in Ts & Cs...
[Edit] for clarity.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

As in the FAQ I linked to the present contract stops completely and a new one starts
At the end of your present contract it reverts to the standard 14 days notice as it will be then and similarly at the end of the new 18 month contract if you move to unlimited