Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Fiber broadband help

BigTabs
Grafter

Plusnet Fiber broadband help

So im just waiting on DD to be set-up
In the meanwhile just for my peace of mind. How many customers are happy with the Pusnet service....
Mean while im with BT ( British Telecom ) with a very poor services por meaning speeds my estimate was 39.99mb and i did and am only getting 20-24 mb max

Gaming total nightmare Pings/Latency where so high and that gave me lag lag lag
Youtube dont even wanna go there just buffered
So hope Plusnet are good with there service and customer support as CBA with Pakistani/ India 
personally for me to get away from BT was a piece of ****
As i have studied laws with trading standers and ofcom 
Trading Standards Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982
Ofcom • allow consumers the option to leave their contracts early without penalty (within three
months of signing up to the service) if they receive a maximum line speed that is
significantly below the estimate they are given at point of sale and the ISP is unable to
resolve the problem.

Kind regards
Kyle L
7 REPLIES 7
matt_2k34
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Fiber broadband help

How many customers are happy

+1 from me. 2x lines at same premesis, has slightly slowed since having it (but thats probs crosstalk from other people taking the service as i was an early adopter)
Gaming is fine.

Speed issue might be indicitive of a fault, if you dont mind a bit of jiggery pokery and can follow instructions that techs give you then you'll have no problem improving that, as PN actually bother to chase issues.
So hope Plusnet are good with there service and customer support as CBA with Pakistani/ India 

Nope, Although i do remember calling one CS who had such a strong Yorkshire accent I could barely understand what he was saying...  Wink
Regards
BigTabs
Grafter

Thanks for your Input Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

You're welcome,
Just remember that on the forums - view is always skewed to negative. No one really comes and says a 'well done' (for those customers that are happy) in comparison to the ones that are very vocal they're not.
Regards
ps. You're technically not "leaving" BT, as PN is owned by BT, using the same equipment all along the way (with the exception of probably your router), However as I said the guys on digicare/support generally know what they're talking about, and can help you sort out any issues (there's also quite a few regulars on here who are more than willing to help.)
BigTabs
Grafter

This is what i get from BT using Ethernet to the white box openreach modem click Image
BigTabs
Grafter

More speed info

1. Best Effort Test:  -provides background information.
Download Speed
18.96 Mbps

0 Mbps 19.36 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Download speedachieved during the test was - 18.96 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 16 Mbps-19.36 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 19.36 Mbps
2. Upstream Test:  -provides background information.
Upload Speed
4.41 Mbps

0 Mbps 10 Mbps
Max Achievable Speed
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 4.41Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 10 Mbps

We were unable to identify any performance problem with your service at this time.
It is possible that any problem you are currently, or had previously experienced may have been caused by traffic congestion on the Internet or by the server you were accessing responding slowly.
If you continue to encounter a problem with a specific server, please contact the administrator of that server in the first instance.
matt_2k34
Grafter

Quote from: BigTabs
Download Speed
18.96 Mbps
IP Profile for your line is - 19.36 Mbps

Yep, The line speed you're getting is spot on for that Profile - the profile will be lower for some reason (probably lots of disconnects during the 10 day period of settling and its slowed for stability) - BT would of done the same, difference here is someone from PN should pick this up as it looks like either:
a) you have a terrible quality phoneline (nothing can be done about this)
b) there's some sort of fault with the line and it'll probably require an engineer visit to have a look at.
Your ping will be higher because interleaving is probably on, 30-40ms is pretty average for an interleaved line. Interleaving could be remoced however if any found fault is resolved.
Upload speed is abit sucky - could indicate a line issue or interference. is your master socket clear and away from other equipment? Speakers etc,
Regards
picbits
Rising Star

You had issues with BT so you moved to BE.
You had issues with BE and after a lot of moaning they let your out of your contract early so you moved back to BT ?
Now you still have issues with BT so you've moved to Plusnet.
I suspect you may have some issues with your line or something else in your local environment is causing your issues but you never know, hopefully you'll get some decent speeds with Plusnet.