Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Extra vs Broadband Your Way Option 3

ferdy1985
Dabbler

Plusnet Extra vs Broadband Your Way Option 3

Hey guys,
Hope you are all well. This is my first post to the forum, I have a question that maybe you can help me with!
I currently am on the 'Broadband Your Way: Option 3' tariff of £19.99 a month which has up to 8Mb download, 30GB download limit per month.
I was looking at the 'Plusnet Extra' tariff of £11.49 a month, up to 20Mb download, 60GB download limit per month. Why the extra expense for the seemingly-worse one?
Sounds like a no-brainer to switch to this tariff, am I missing anything at all? My other question is that I live in an area of 4Mb download s line Sad - by upgrading to the 20Mb download would that actually make no difference overall to my download speeds?
Cheers guys,
Andy.
3 REPLIES 3
Alxns
Grafter

Re: Plusnet Extra vs Broadband Your Way Option 3

Well it depends you may live in a low cost broadband area so you get better rates for broadband plans
Anyways where do you live?
as im on the up to 20meg plan but my exchange only runs ADSLmax (up to 8Meg)
Still its a decent plan 60GB usage peak then unlimited from 12-8am is not a bad deal
theres no catch
its all pretty clear.
ferdy1985
Dabbler

Thanks for your reply, I live in St Albans, Herts (just north of London), any test I do to check maximum download speed is generally in that 4Mb area.
I wonder why there is that difference in the price then when it seems the Extra one is better than the Option 3...
So you think overall I should switch to the Extra?
Cheers again,
Andy.
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You can compare the products using the Comparison tool at http://usergroup.plus.net/newprodcomp.php. Extra is a little more restricted during peak times for some traffic types but the peak time usage allowance rises as compensation.
St Albans is a Market 3 exchange so Extra would cost £11.49 per month. Though the exchange is 21CN enabled, in a 4Mbps area any speed benefit to you is likely to be small. Entering your line attenuation into Kitz's calculator here would provide an estimate.
I think the only downside to changing from the BBYW product is that you lose the option to move between products in the BBYW family in future. However personally I wouldn't see that as a major issue.
David
David