cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Essentials speed dropped

Reason5
Grafter

Plusnet Essentials speed dropped

Been quite happy past cpouple of years with speeds of 60 / 70 meg started doing a bit of online gaming again
But past few weeks I noticed I cant get past 50 Meg and I'M sure there have started throttling my connection .
I was hoping to continue with  Plusnet Essentials but if you going to charge more and reduce the service I
will maybe have to look else where for my Broadband
I live in the TS17 area so would be intrested if antone else has had same problems Kind regards Jon
5 REPLIES 5
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Essentials speed dropped

If you ring up you'll probably get a deal for Unlimited without paying more.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Reason5
Grafter

Well I would hope so  Smiley Quite annoying when you see all these new deals for new customers and nothing for ones who have been with Plusnet for a while
Plus like i said everything goes up in price with a reduced service ... That can't be good for long term custom
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Reason5,
As Jelv mentions above, it may be best if you give our Customer Options team a call and see what they can tailor for you. I would have thought that they could come up with something that would be suitable and they can be contacted direct on 0800 013 2632.
As for the speeds, your current speed profiles is set at 54000 so this should be around the speed you're seeing unless your usage exceeds the 40GB allowance you have in place on your current account type.
Reason5
Grafter

Been on hold waiting to speak to someone for over twenty minutes ... I finnally gave up  Undecided
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Reason5,
I'm very sorry to hear about the wait, we are seeing quite an increase in calls due to the outage yesterday so we're working to get these reduced and would hope that this will be completed soon. It may be best to try calling the team mentioned above later in the evening, they're open until 7pm and have right access to be able to tailor you an account as well as look at an offer for you.