Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Email blacklists

wanderyonder
Grafter

Plusnet Email blacklists

Hello.
I have added a domain to my email blacklist on the Spam Protection settings of Manage My Mail.  Please could someone tell me what message an email sender using that domain would now receive?  Or would they just not receive any reply at all?
Thanks for you advice.
Kind regards.
7 REPLIES 7
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Plusnet Email blacklists

Hi there,
If you've added a domain i.e privacy.net then email sent from it will be silently deleted.
If you add a specific email address i.e. me@privacy.net then the message is refused with a 550 server response.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Bob,
Rather than resurrecting the other long thread can you advise whether domain whitelisting as well as blacklisting now works
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

What other long thread are you referring to? There is a current and active thread in the IronPort forum here on this rather complicated subject (problem 54419) which Bob has said he will update as soon as he has got time. I think that is the most appropriate place.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

OK - I was being lazy but the last post from Bob on the 6th in that thread stated
Unfortunately an unforeseen problem arose that is mentioned elsewhere in this forum that meant we had to turn the re-routing off. This limited the mail configurations that we could apply the whitelisting/blacklisting to.
  and I was puzzled in relation to the response above.
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Well hopefully Bob will be able to update us all in that thread in the near future.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Oldjim
OK - I was being lazy but the last post from Bob on the 6th in that thread stated
Unfortunately an unforeseen problem arose that is mentioned elsewhere in this forum that meant we had to turn the re-routing off. This limited the mail configurations that we could apply the whitelisting/blacklisting to.
  and I was puzzled in relation to the response above.

That's in direct relation to the information I posted here. Basically whitelisting works but not for catch-all addresses (and it won't do for the foreseeable future).
I think the confusion now is over the comments in the post I've just linked to about aliases and redirects.
As Anotherone has said though, it's probably best to keep discussion about this to the thread over in the IronPort forum (which I can hopefully get round to looking at today).

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Oldjim
Resting Legend

jim:post Thread locked in favour of http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,71651.0.html to keep everything in one place mod:end