cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer support

flabbio
Grafter

Plusnet Customer support

Just wanna say that I posted a support question on Tuesday at 13:10 on behalf of a customer and the Plusnet support team had responded to the ticket and fixed the issue by 13:15.  Now that's what I call support.
Thanks guys. Grin
9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: Plusnet Customer support

Good to hear, I'll pass the feedback on internally.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
iashton
Grafter

Good stuff. I'm glad someone's getting good service.
I opened a question on 14th Jan and its still sat there - being internally batted about by PlusNet teams who obviously don't talk to each other and can't be bothered to update the call either.
I'd actually be grateful if they  updated it every day with a message saying 'we've not done anything yet' rather than leaving me in limbo.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I opened a question on 14th Jan and its still sat there - being internally batted about by PlusNet

I've just had a look at that ticket and I can see that some of the answers aren't up to the standards expected and I'll address this with the agents in question. However the ticket is not still sat there and it was actually with yourself for over 10 days during this period. The ticket is currently waiting the next batch of Postini additions to be done, we'll update you when this is actioned.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
iashton
Grafter

Thank you Chris.
I actually do think PlusNet customer support is on the whole very good and in particular much better than my previous ISP.
And you keep your finger on the pulse by reading and responding in these forums.
I think you could improve it when something does go wrong by being even more transparent. In this case I was on Postini and suddenly I wasn't and I don't know why. I know a natural inclination is not to give bad news and admit mistakes but I'd rather know.
BTW the 10 days was me waiting in response to 'we are working on these types of issues'. I thought I was being patient.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: iashton
I think you could improve it when something does go wrong by being even more transparent. In this case I was on Postini and suddenly I wasn't and I don't know why. I know a natural inclination is not to give bad news and admit mistakes but I'd rather know.

Your account is on my 'removed' list. Judging by where it's sat I'd warrant a guess that we did this because you expressed an interest in staying on the old platform in a forum discussion before we were able to opt people out. I'll have a word with the necessary people about getting you moved back.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Bob, His account was one which went pear shaped when the mx records were changed but the Postini setup script went wrong - he may be on your list from then - did you change the mx records back as a quick fix?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Possibly jelv. If I'm brutally honest I can't actually remember the circumstances under which it was done. Should be able to get it added again tomorrow though.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

mattdanielc
Grafter

On relation to customer support... I joined plus net 2 weeks ago and although there was a delay in the hardware arriving (not ur fault) I have been so thankful to the support here on this forum - James has been so helpful - but this is such a great facility to have, as it is easier for me to use the forum at work than make a phone call.... so a big thankyou to this facility and it was a major reason for me joining plus net Smiley
Snarf
Grafter

I wanna add my thanks on the customer support front very very much improved over the last year. Special thumbs up to the customer support guys who call me up and keep me updated  Cheesy