cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Customer Survey?(SOLVED)

Steve
Seasoned Pro

Plusnet Customer Survey?(SOLVED)

Hi im only a few months into using plusnet and ive recieved this e-mail and im basically just wondering if this is for real, perhaps plusnet staff  could tell me if this is for real and safe to follow the link or other forum members have this too and have filled them out before?
The email reads like this.
Plusnet conducts regular research into customers’ experiences of all of its products and services.  As a broadband customer Plusnet would like to invite you to complete a short online survey. The survey should take no more than 15 minutes. As a thank you for your time all participants will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win one of four sets of £50 Amazon vouchers.
In line with Plusnet’s policy on conducting research, it has asked ICM, an independent market research company, to manage this survey on its behalf.
To reassure you, both Plusnet and ICM Research abide by the UK Market Research Society’s Code of Conduct.  We will not attempt to sell you anything as a direct result of you taking part in this research and the information you provide will only be used for Plusnet research purposes.
In order to be entered into the prize draw you need to complete the survey by the 3rd December 2009. The prize draw will take place on the 11th December 2009.The winner will be notified by email and the vouchers will be emailed to the winner within 10 days of the draw taking place.
To access the questionnaire please click (once only – do not “double-click”) on the hyperlink below or paste the URL into your browser.
You will be directed into NEW VISTA, which is ICM’s online survey website. Please be assured that this site is completely secure and any information you provide will be kept strictly confidential.

(the link should be here but i wont post it here)
r
(Instructions for pasting it into browser: 1.Move your mouse over the link 2. Press down on the left mouse button and move your mouse to highlight the link exactly 3. Click on “Control” and “C” on your keyboard at the same time 4. Open your Internet Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape etc) 5. Move your mouse to place the cursor in the browser address line 6. Click on “Control” and “V” to paste the link)

If you have any difficulties with this survey then please contact (Another link that i wont post here)
Plusnet and ICM Research would like to thank you for taking the time to review this mail. We hope that you enjoy the survey and good luck with the prize draw.
Yours sincerely
Amanda Clack
ICM Research
Pardon my ignorance but im still basically a newbie and you can never be too careful so thats why i thought i would ask here on the forums first before i go ahead and take part.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
43 REPLIES 43
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Plusnet Customer Survey?

Not heard of this survey via the PUG channels yet?  I'll do some digging?
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
I'm not aware of us doing anything with ICM, but I can check with the relevant people on Monday. Can you PM me the full message including the headers please?
Addnan
Grafter

I got the same email today.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

@mand,pm sent too you,if you need anything else i still have and will keep a copy of the original e-mail,please note ive included the links in the pm to you as whats in the e-mail,look forward to hearing soon.
reserved
Grafter

I got one yesterday as well. Hope it's genuine as foolishly I responded  Embarrassed
StingA
Grafter

I received one of these as well.
Personally I dont think its real because if Plusnet wanted to do some customer surveys they don't need to pay someone else to administer them.
I just wonder how this company got my email address.
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Theres a possibility it could be a genuine e-mail,i advise anyone else who gets this e-mail to hold off filling it out until further notice.The thing is i dont really use plusnets e-mail addy,except for contact between myself and plusnet and this e-mail had my full name and was sent too my googlemail account.I was hoping we would of got an older member of plusnet to post here if it were genuine.So hang fire anyone who gets this e-mail till we here back from mand on monday.
Ps Whats weird is that this e-mail was sent to my googlemail account,nothing in my plusnet e-mail account,and all other contact with pn goes to my pn e-mail account first.
artmo
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: StingA
I received one of these as well.
Personally I dont think its real because if Plusnet wanted to do some customer surveys they don't need to pay someone else to administer them.
I just wonder how this company got my email address.

Most companies would employ an outside organisation who have expertise in conducting surveys. 
StingA
Grafter

Seems a bit of a pointless expense, You could just create a few web pages with the questions you want to ask and auto email some of your customer base?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

In the past PN have done surveys for a prize, the "contestants" were those who had asked a question, not seen one for a long time, but I think those were also done by an outside agency, We will have to see what Mand finds out on Monday
scootie
Grafter

dont plusnet use third party survery company for the feedback system when you close a ticket now days? i can remember there being some change to this process and since then ive never left feedback
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Yeah, that was the case last time I closed a ticket.
Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Just seen a confirmation from Plusnet that the survey is genuine.  An external agency is being used without the Plusnet branding and Logo to indicate the impartiality of the survey
Maurice  (PUG)

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

paulgul
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If I'm reading this correctly, does it mean PN are passing on our email addresses to 3rd party companies, is this allowed or have we aggreed to it in the small print somewher