cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Broadband Plus

mossgrove
Grafter

Plusnet Broadband Plus

I am on an old Plusnet product "Broadband Plus" and cannot find any details of the features of the product or the terms and Conditions.  The question only arrises as I am trying to track down the cause of the incredibly bad evening speeds I have been getting over the last few days - 135Kbps last night.  This has improved to 6142 Kbps this morning. For a variety of reasons my peak usage thin month so far is just over 4GB and i wonder if the peak usage is being throttled.
The router sync speed last night was 8100 Kbps, and BTbroadband tester reported 5100, but  the Broadband speed tester on this site reported 135Kbps. 
I have disconnected the router twice (on the second occasion completely powering off for 15 minutes) .  The broadband fault tester showed "No BT faults".
I would be grateful for any light you can shed on this.
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Plusnet Broadband Plus

It sounds like you may have had a temporary problem which gave you a very low sync and that it has now recovered (135 is a significant figure), but it could also be because you have gone over the 4GB allowance that BB+ has.
You should look at Value which gives you similar speeds and higher allowance (although watch out for the different peak times) for a lower price. You can compare the products here:
http://usergroup.plus.net/prodcomp1.php
If you are on a Market 3 exchange, Extra would give you way more allowance and better speeds for less than you currently pay.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mossgrove
Grafter

Thanks for the prompt reply.  I think I will probably go for the Extra package.  One other question though which doesn't seem to be in the write up - how much server webspace comes with Extra - at the moment I have 100MB. 
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

You should retain all your existing extras when you move across - not sure if you need intervention from one of the Comms team on here to achieve that.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
mossgrove
Grafter

Thanks again.  Extra now ordered - I've taken a local backup of my webspace just in case!  I'll keep an eye on things at the end of next week.