cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet / BT Issue?

Teloriun
Dabbler

Plusnet / BT Issue?

Up until this morning, I don't seem to have had any issues with my Fibre connection.
Just been trying to browse the net for the last couple of hours and everything has been timing out.
Did a wholesale speed test (after multiple tries)...and well.. now i can see why!
Download speedachieved during the test was - 12.45 Mbps
For your connection, the acceptable range of speedsis 51.53 Mbps-64.41 Mbps .
Additional Information:
IP Profile for your line is - 64.41 Mbps
Upload speed achieved during the test was - 0.08Mbps
Additional Information:
Upstream Rate IP profile on your line is - 20 Mbps
Did the usual of resetting all my hardware (which changed gateway) but it doesn't seem to have had an affect on the speed.
I've been unable to do BTs 'test3' (will keep retrying in between disconnects though) so sadly info above is all i have atm.
Anyone know of any issues on the plusnet or bt network?  My exchange will be Atherton (LCATH).  Sad
4 REPLIES 4
Grimwald

Re: Plusnet / BT Issue?

I am on the same exchange and have no connection so must be a problem with it Sad
MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Have you reported the fault  Here.  If there is a fault at least it will get on the workstack.  if it is affecting multiple users be optimistic that BT monitoring will flag it up for engineering attention.
Maurice

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Grimwald

I have spoken to support just now been told that the problem is being looked at now and is expected to be fixed by noon
Teloriun
Dabbler

Thanks Grimwald.  Looks like its back up (anda bit faster than previously when doing a speedtest).
Shame there was no mention on the PlusNet faults page... Undecided
....and yes MauriceC i did raise a ticket (which took about an hour due to the intermittent comms).  Closed it now.