Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet Assist?

joecool
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Plusnet Assist?

Hi having read a recent email about 'Plusnet Assist' I was just wondering what people thought of it? Has it solved any problems? Is it easy to uninstall if you are not happy with it?
Does it find problems when there isn't any really?
Thx
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Plusnet Assist?

joecool
Rising Star

Thx  interesting....................
steveml

Hi,
I had a problem trying to uninstall Plusnet Assist on Windows XP, however eventually succeeded using the following :-
Uninstall Plusnet Assist using Add/Remove programs, during uninstall the appication may hang therefore use CTR+Alt+DEL to access Windows Task Manager and end the process that refers to Plusnet Assist. The uninstall may probably still hang therefore access task manager again and kill the process a second time. The application should then continue to uninstall successfully.    Smiley
joecool
Rising Star

OK Thx....................................
Taff

Quote from: steveml
Uninstall Plusnet Assist using Add/Remove programs, during uninstall the application may hang therefore use CTR+Alt+DEL to access Windows Task Manager and end the process that refers to Plusnet Assist. The uninstall may probably still hang therefore access task manager again and kill the process a second time. The application should then continue to uninstall successfully.

Yes, I agree with SteveML: two Task Manager interventions were needed on XP Pro before it would complete the uninstall. Both were to kill the Plusnet Assist Helper task. The first was for command line switch  /CleanKey (or similar) and the second for switch /Shutdown.  Sad I'm hoping it really did unload cleanly!
Any software that cannot uninstall itself cleanly is dodgy as far as I'm concerned.
There should also be info about how to uninstall it in the main FAQ document here > http://www.plus.net/support/assist/help.shtml
Taff
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: Taff
There should also be info about how to uninstall it in the main FAQ document

I'll certainly mention that to the appropriate parties.
Jojo Smiley