Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 6

Reddog
Grafter

Plusnet 6

Hi,
So after over 1200 hours connented to  PlusNet 7  thn-ag3, which btw was always great for me, i had a poweroutage.
When i came back online i'm now on Plusnet 6  thn-ag1, it doesn't seem to respond very well at all for me, lots of timeouts and can't even get google to work sometimes though firefox.
Also seems to be around 8ms slower to my Vent server. (22ms AVG>30ms AVG)
So has anyone else noticed any difference between the pipes or is it just me?
Is there a way to get back to thn-ag3 or is it just a lotto everytime you reboot the router?
Really don't want to try rebootin the router alot incase they think theres a problem and lower my profile.
BTW i left it for a few days now and still getting alot of timeouts to webpages, refresh once or twice and it usually pops up but its annoying.
Thx
4 REPLIES 4
James
Grafter

Re: Plusnet 6

Hi Reddog,
You'll be absolutely fine to reboot your router again.  It's only if there are multiple reboots over a 15 minute period where problems can occur.
I'm not aware of any specific problems on that pipe though.
Reddog
Grafter

www.google.co.uk could not be found. Please check the name and try again.
I keep getting this Everytime i start Firefox, i need to refresh 2-5 times before it finds it.
Then any addy does the same.
Some sort of lookup problem maybe?
Reddog
Grafter

Just rebooted router and got pte-ag1 seems to be responding alot faster, but still some wierd stuff happening, thinking its my side but don't know why.
C:\Documents and Settings\Alison>tracert bbc.co.uk
Unable to resolve target system name bbc.co.uk.
Denzil
Grafter

Does sound like it might be a DNS issue. Have you tried,
C:\>ipconfig /flushdns

from a command prompt?
Do you know which DNS server you router is looking at? Maybe try a different one, like <a href="https://www.opendns.com/start/">OpenDNS</a>.