cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet 2704N router forgets device names

paulr4

Plusnet 2704N router forgets device names

I know this problem has been posted before, but I can't find any satisfactory solution. Devices regularly appear as 'Unknown' on the router information page, and referring to them on the network by their hostnames does not work, although the affected IP addresses do work.

4 REPLIES 4
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Plusnet 2704N router forgets device names

Hi there, 

Are the devices you're connecting over WiFi or are you using LAN? can you tell us a bit more about the type of devices too please? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
paulr4

It's currently a Raspberry Pi and an iPhone, both over WiFi. Wired connections don't seem to suffer the same problem. The behaviour is fairly unpredictable, too. Sometimes you can still connect to a device using its hostname even when it is listed as 'unknown' on the device list. Other times that fails.

simong

I have just received a 2704N and am having the same problems but with devices both on the wired and wireless network. It is making use of my home network a real problem.  I have several raspberry pi's plus quite a few other devices and keeping track of them all by IP is really difficult.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still