Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet speed profile update problem

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

PlusNet speed profile update problem

I think that there may be a problem with automatic IP profile update system.
I went from a 2,000kbps IP profile to a 3,000kbps IP profile a couple of days ago and saw the change in the portal. However speed tests consistently gave a speed of just under 2,000kbps.
Just switched to RIN and immediately got over 3,000kbps (always get a bit of a silly result on Vista 64 bit) then switched back to PlusNet and speeds are now about 3,000kbps. Tests were done on BBmax
5 REPLIES 5
godsell4
Rising Star

Re: PlusNet speed profile update problem

Yep, this happens. Have raised a few tickets with PN about this in the past, to no avail. It seems the need to get an LCP/ADSL/RADIUS disconnect somewhere in the system to get the PN profiling to change.
This will *need* to be fixed when we have ADSL2+/21CN as the profiles should be changing dynamically and there will be no 'loss of sync's for the PN profiling to work on ... even when it works properly that is. Sad
SW.
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
James
Grafter

Jim,
Looks like it's changed now? (It wasn't me)
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

James,
I know it wasn't as I said in my first post connecting to RIN and then back to PlusNet fixed it.
James
Grafter

Ah, fair enough.
MickKi
Grafter

Quote from: Oldjim
I think that there may be a problem with automatic IP profile update system.

I'm going back a short while, when I was on the Metronet network.  After a good resync in fair weather and some three days later I would usually find that the IP profile would still not increase to reflect the higher sync speed and throughput would also remain constrained.  I have a separate ADSL modem and router.  The solution that I found worked was to switch the router off for a few minutes, but keep the modem on with its pulse to the BT exchange going.  That would reset the IP Profile to what it should be and the throughput rate will immediately jump up proportionately.  I thought that this had something to do with my separate modem/router arrangement, but it seems that there may be more to it.