cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet router wifi problem

Zelemenos

PlusNet router wifi problem

Hello,
I am a new PlusNet landline and BB customer. For unknown technical reasons, the supplied router could not produce a radio signal of sufficient strength to be detected (computer next to the box). Tech support was contacted and after much troubleshooting, a replacement router was despatched. The replacement had exactly the same fault. In the meantime, a BT router was borrowed and worked without any problem at all.
Both routers have been returned and a refund is being processed.
PlusNet tech support were excellent; though I wonder about the Thomson routers PlusNet supply.
Zelemenos
5 REPLIES 5
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: PlusNet router wifi problem

Did you try changing the security and wireless channels?
Zelemenos

Yes indeed, all under the patient instructions of the Tech Staff.
Zelemenos
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Very strange. I've heard of wireless problems but they tend to be one-offs, it's certainly not an endemic problem. Do you still have the routers? Could you send one back to PN Towers marked for my attention so I could take a look?
Zelemenos

Both routers have been returned already; hence the refund being processed.
Zelemenos
puddy
Grafter

When Plusnet sent my speedtouch 716wl they asked me for info on how to set it up
But I like speedtouch routers and have never had one fail apart from power adapter.  I spent a lot time buying them up (speedtouch 716wl) at 99p plus p&p off eBay.  I now install them for friends and never had a complaint
I like the way they do their security codes each code is unique to that router only its on the bottom of the router (password &ssid) unlike netgear who send their routers out with the same password.
In addition it’s not easy for anyone wanting to piggyback your wireless signal you have to scan for new device at the same time entering the password in the new wireless device and it only scans for 30 seconds.
Plus the speedtouch 716wl has 2 voip ports for making free voip calls
All in all for 99p they are a good price
Puddy