Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet profile adjust please

RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

PlusNet profile adjust please

Hi
21CN & ADSL2 has arrived at our exchange & our line was transferred on Tuesday morning (27th Nov) Smiley
The downstream synch has risen from 8128 kbps (on adsl max) to 11506 kbps (on 21CN).
The downstream BT IP profile is now 10.15 Mbps according to the BT Wholesale speed test.
However, the PN Current line speed has not altered from 7.15 Mb.
Would a manual disconnect trigger off a PN line speed change?
Richard
8 REPLIES 8
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: PlusNet profile adjust please

I've amended your profile this side. It should disconnect/reconnect you automatically. If there's no change in an hour then disconnect/reconnect yourself.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Many thanks Bob.
I will check things out this evening when I return from work.
Richard
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Thanks to Bob's intervention my PN current line increased to 10.15Mbps.
Nearly 45 hours ago my router re-synced at the higher speed of 13181kbps, the downstream margin was lowered to 3 dB, and at the same time my upstream synch jumped from 888 kbps to 1152 kbps.
Amazingly the DG834 router has held this downstream synch, despite the downstream margin dropping as low as 2.4 dB in the evenings  Shocked Smiley
My BT IP profile is now 11.63 Mbps but it the PN current line speed has not tracked the change! Sad
At 10.41, 2nd December, I manually dropped the routers PPP session to PN & reconnected.
I wonder if that will kick the the system to update the PN current line speed? If not could I please request another manual adjustment?
Richard

ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Quote from: RichardB
I wonder if that will kick the the system to update the PN current line speed?

Sadly, it probably won't.  So if you are trying to download a large file you may well have to put up with it taking longer than it should until Plusnet staff get back in on Monday morning.  But if you are trying to download a large file whilst simultaneously streaming a movie and a TV show then you can rest easy that your streaming traffic will be correctly prioritized.   
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Quote from: ReedRichards
Sadly, it probably won't

No change so far so it looks like you are correct.
Quote from: ReedRichards
So if you are trying to download a large file you may well have to put up with it taking longer than it should until Plusnet staff get back in on Monday morning.  But if you are trying to download a large file whilst simultaneously streaming a movie and a TV show then you can rest easy that your streaming traffic will be correctly prioritized.   

I am not downloading anything in particular but the speed boost is welcome as the kids are growing & playing more on line games, whilst my wife is Christmas shopping online etc.
From reading other threads/topics it appears that the BT wholesale "delta report" system is highly unreliable & no timescale for a resolution has been quoted.
Perhaps PN could provide work around?
Maybe to add a facility to the member centre where users can "click a button" which would query the BT IP profile & then set the PN current speed?
Richard
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

There is no need to wait for staff to respond here. Raise a ticket (I suggest using path Broadband Connection (more) and Other) requesting the adjustment be made (I quoted the IP Profile line from the BT diagnostic speedtester). I raised one on Friday evening and the change was made in under two hours.
David
RichardB
Seasoned Champion

Thanks spraxyt
Advice noted & acted upon.  Question #62919252 raised.
Richard
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Looks like the system updated your profile shortly after you opened that ticket? ^

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵