cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet iCommunity concept.

cdennett

PlusNet iCommunity concept.

We have put together a concept for a possible iCommunity homepage.
http://www.jwing.plus.com/community/icommunity/icommunity.jpg
All widgets will be interactive, you can choose which ones you want to display, also positioning them to suit your preference*. Similar to the BBC homepage.
*Note the cursor on the Industry news widget. This would appear when a widget is hovered over.
Is there anything else you would like to see displayed?
All feedback gratefully recieved....
Chris  Cheesy
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PlusNet iCommunity concept.

Chris,
I must admit to being somewhat confused.
There is a link to My Account which I assume would either ask for the account password or use the autologin but I have no idea as to how the webmail is supposed to work.
Having multiple email addresses how does it know which one to use but more seriously this appears to allow access to webmail in some form or other from the Community login which at first sight could to have significant security implications.
With respect to the links to my account, if this isn't to be totally customisable, would it be possible to add Connection Settings as one of the links - this is my usual start point
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

Don't worry about the technicalities, as we'll figure out ways around them (hopefully).
Like the other widget sites when you choose you to add one, you'll have to configure it, so for webmail you could set which account it looks at.  Also, I don't see why you couldn't have multiple version of the webmail widget for each of your mailboxes
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
ChrisL
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Fabulous, if I may say so!  Lovely cool design, too.  I can see igoogle getting the old heave-ho  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Quote from: Kelly
  Also, I don't see why you couldn't have multiple version of the webmail widget for each of your mailboxes
Now that would be a really good idea specially if I could use it to see the contents of each of the spam folders