cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet broadband nightmare

Paulx9
Dabbler

PlusNet broadband nightmare

Joining PlusNet has, so far,  only resulted in me *completely* losing internet access in my home.  I waited in all day Friday for the promised engineer to install fibre, but nobody came, and neither was there any indication from PlusNet that they had a problem. (the appointment was booked about three weeks ago)
I would not have believed it even possible for that to happen.  I was expecting to lose connectivity for one day while the engineer fitted a fibre modem, but not indefinitely! - I would instead expect to be stuck with my previous adsl connection while PlusNet resolved their own problem. (I am a new customer, moving from another provider).
I can understand the engineer appointment being delayed if somebody messes up (although that alone is reason to avoid PlusNet) but would not expect *indefinite* disconnection from broadband/internet access!
Phoning PlusNet resulted in promises they would resolve the issue and phone me back, first by 9pm Friday night (didn't happen) and then again at some point during Saturday (didn't happen).  Sunday... still no call. PlusNet staff were all very polite and keen to assure me they are working to resolve the issue ("within 24hrs"), but nothing has changed - it is now the 4th day without a connection.
It seems I have made a truly TERRIBLE mistake in joining PlusNet, and can't understand why you wouldn't have done something by now.
Please PlusNet, fix the problem today: this is a peculiarly awful 'Internet Service' you 'Provide' (i.e. none whatsoever; very retro).
2 REPLIES 2
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: PlusNet broadband nightmare

I'm chasing this up and I'll keep you updated in the other thread you've posted.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: PlusNet broadband nightmare

Locked in favour of linked thread