cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet and MACs

mchatterley

PlusNet and MACs

Hi Guys,
This may have been answered numerous times but I requested a MAC code from PlusNet yesterday. Does anyone know how long it generally takes to issue?
Cheers
Mark
5 REPLIES 5
James
Grafter

Re: PlusNet and MACs

Hi Mark,
Sorry to hear that you're looking at leaving us.
You should receive your MAC Code within 5 working days as per the OFCOM regulations.
Realistically, you should expect a phonecall within 1-2 days from our retentions team.
Is there any reason why you are looking to leave?  anything I can help with?
mchatterley

Thanks James,
Although the Techie stated he tried to call me yesterday he didn't, fair enough as I'd rather communicate via e-mail etc whilst I'm at work anyway.
Never had any issues with you guys at all, and very impressed overall.
The only issue I'm looking to leave is totally down to cost's and Speeds really. My Exchange has been updated by various ISP's to LLU status. Moving will save me nigh on £150 a year and with faster connection and gaming speeds I cant turn it down.
Mark
LiamM
Grafter

Faster Gaming Speeds?  Do you need any more than 8Mb for gaming? 
My brother spends most of the evening gaming in various forms (XBOX, PS3, Wii, PC) and his traffic never exceeds 256kbps!
It's latency that Gaming needs... and that's where I think PlusNet has the edge!
mchatterley

No, agree you dont need faster soeeds for gaming, was more a general comment  Grin
pcoventry76
Grafter

I used to game quite happily on a 256k line - even been knownto have ago on a modem.. ( although that was abit daft!)