cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet Support Going Downhill

sourceit
Grafter

PlusNet Support Going Downhill

Due to recent dealings with a few of my customers accounts, I am getting bad support from PlusNet.  CSC agents who don't care, don't know what they're talking about/blagging their way thru a call or can't read tickets properly, are some of the problems I have been faced with recently.
What are your dealings like?
36 REPLIES 36
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Re: PlusNet Support Going Downhill

You realize that this is a self-selecting sample?
Only those who have strong feelings (either way) will bother to vote.
Don't expect many people to say "well it fixed my problem OK" to bother voting.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

kalmservices

Cheesy Cheesy
Well following three months of promise , lies and down right fiction I'm so unimpressed I moved back to 1and1.co.uk who had me up and running again in just half an hour.
I wrote to the MD @ PN who couldn't even be bothered to acknowledge the problems.  So it starts at the top.  I won't be advising my friends to go to Plus Net.  So self selecting sample or not dosent change the facts.
sourceit
Grafter

I understand that, but maybe if all of the PN Staff stop voting on this, it may show a fairer response.
I try to defend PN where I can as some of there services are good, but incompetencies of some, and I state only some, PN staff force me to try and voice my opinions where other people may feel the same.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Source IT
I take a great interest in making sure the CSC answer tickets to the best of their ability, if you'd be so kind as to PM me some ticket ID's that have been poorly dealt with I'll ensure these are picked up internally and the agents in question trained on the areas they are unsure of.
@kalmservices
Sorry to hear that you had so many problems with your webspace and domain name, I've had a quick look through your account notes and can see you were initially affected by a problem with frontpage and then subsequent problems once that one was resolved. I can only apologise for these issues and hope that the rest of your account with us is working as intended.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kalmservices

Dear Mr Plus Net
If you want to do your dirty washing in the open then lets go for it.  1and1 had been servicing my needs with FP and all has been well until they informed us that they were no longer going to support FP extensions.  I shopped around and spoke to Plus Net sales who informed me that they support FP and this is all I needed to know.  Even so this wasn't to be, Support dosen't meen just switching a switch or charging someone for the service.
Time after time, and yes you say you read the tickets!  Well you must be a very quick reader as there were so many of them.  The staff do not know one end of FP from another and switching and resetting takes hours to process.  Regardless of what occurred the FP data just wouldn't upload even though we were told it had been resolved.  At one point I was told that FP extensions was a free service and that Plus Net didn't take that much notice (it's funny who they said they were so good at it when it came time to takeing my monthly payment) as it was a free service so it wasn't worth it to the company.  This comment came directly from your own help desk.
Having now been off line for some weeks it starting to show on the accounts >:(, you are costing me money Mr Plus Net, so one last ditch attempt, "upload using FTP", well you couldn't advise on this process either.  A letter to the MD didn't do anything either, so we must see where we can get some positive action elsewhere.

Monday 9th June
09:00 Telephoned 1and1.co.uk asked about FTP uploads.
09:20 Registered with 1and1.co.uk
09:25 Received confirmation of account
10:05 Transfered domain
Tuesday 10th June
08:30 On line and transfer complete
09:00 Website operational
10:25 First order received Smiley
So it just goes to show it can be done.
Since then I have slept nights made a profit and added a few more customers to my list which is more than I can say for your guys.
Plus Net 0
1and1 10
Have a nice day
Smiley Smiley Smiley Smiley
drunkenmonkey
Grafter

Never had anything but excellent customer service from PN, they could show my CSD a thing or 2!
Had an issue with ordering home phone and then realising I was within my 12 month contract for new lines with BT so PN cancelled the home phone contract no problem! Wouldn't get a lot of businesses willing to do that I bet!
Keep up the fantastic work PN!  Cheesy
VileReynard
Hero
Fixes: 20

Actually you caused yourself a lot of grief by using M$ Front page didn't you?
If you had a proper web site, you could host on any server.

"In The Beginning Was The Word, And The Word Was Aardvark."

sourceit
Grafter

That's not the point.  PN say that they can do something, then they should do it and not bloody lie about it.
Chris
Legend

I have apologised for the problems you experienced and did advise in my first reply that:-
I've had a quick look through your account notes

I'll be going through these in more detail tomorrow in order to find out why we couldn't fix your issues in a timely manner and also addressing the responses from the CSC staff involved.
A letter to the MD didn't do anything either

I believe we rang you regarding the letter at the time it was received? If we didn't resolve the issue at the time then I apologise for this.  
I am genuinely glad that you now have your website working and your business is back online.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Chris
Legend

@Source IT
Many thanks for the PM, I'll reply shortly.
kalmservices

Quote from: axisofevil
Actually you caused yourself a lot of grief by using M$ Front page didn't you?
If you had a proper web site, you could host on any server.

You really have missed the point haven,t you?
artmo
Aspiring Champion

On the few occasions I've had need to contact PN I've had good service from them.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've had very little need to contact CSC which is praise in itself for PN services.
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

I have had to call them them only a handful of times in my 5 years with PN and found the support staff to be helpful, on the one occasion when my ticket wasn't dealt with as I would have liked then the CS team on these forums have dealt with it very well.
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'