cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus net Broadband packages

Surfer
Grafter

Plus net Broadband packages

I am thinking of upgrading to unlimited Broadband however at this time we do not want to get into a contract.  The only unlimited broadband package offered you are tied into a contract for 18 months so even if we wanted to a contract 18 months is too long as prefer 12 months.  It seems that Plus net has taken away the non contract option.  Hopefully we will be getting fibre within the next year as we are in a rural community.  Are there any other options as we have been with Plus net for a number of years?
7 REPLIES 7
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Plus net Broadband packages

Hi,
Even if you take a term contact on unlimited, that would not be a barrier to upgrading to fibre.  PlusNet simply quash the existing contract and replace it with a new fibre contract.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Grafter

Thanks I understand the above, but at the moment do not want to take out a long term contract with any one. The issue is we have paid line rental upfront and it expires sometime in March / April and we may want to change providers which is whyw e are looking to upgrade from 10GB a month to more now that my wife is also logging onto the Internet.
dick:quote
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I think your options are fairly simple:
1.  Continue with your existing product
2.  Move to a new PN product (with associated contract term)
3.  Move to a competitor's broadband product (some are available with 30 day terms) leaving the line with PN
Not sure exactly what you're hoping to get out of this thread?  Are you expecting/hoping PN make you an offer for a new product without a contract term?
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

I think the OP is looking for advice initially... in which case, I suggest calling COTS and asking them what they can offer you.  They tend to have options not available on the user portal.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Surfer
Grafter

Quote from: pwatson
I think your options are fairly simple:
1.  Continue with your existing product
2.  Move to a new PN product (with associated contract term)
3.  Move to a competitor's product (some are available with 30 day terms)
Not sure exactly what you're hoping to get out of this thread?  Are you expecting/hoping PN make you an offer for a new product without a contract term?

All I want to know if there are any packages available that are not linked to a contract?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

only by phoning customer options I believe - see my sig for the phone number
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Is there any reason why the phone couldn't be left with Plusnet until the LRS expires and a broadband only package taken out with another ISP?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)