cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net cusomter service reaches an all time low

mitchell20
Grafter

Plus Net cusomter service reaches an all time low

So I raised a tciket to get my IP profile changed back from 7000 to what it shouls be at 8000.
I was first told told in ticket # 25470529 that I would have to reamin connected for at least 72 hours and then raise a fault to get this done.  No problem with that so far, even though I've read posts on hear where people have asked to same thing and it's gets actioned straight away.
My line can remain connected for weeks on end as I have reasonable line stats as I'm quite close to my exchange. (line attenuation 10db  down and 4db up with noise margin being 11.5db down and 22.0db up)
I've run a BT speed test and BT have my profile set at 7125 so surely PN should have my profile set higher than 7000?
Anyway...I raise as fault as requested to get my profile changed (ticket #  25486394) but I am not able to report a spped fault as PN have my exchange (LCEAR) down as being red with an ETA fix of July 2nd.  I continue with a connection fault and make a note that all I'm asking for is to have my IP profile set back to 8000.
I did this last night.  This morning I wake up ad check if there have been any responses and PN have now decided to put in a reqeust to have interleaving tunred back on on my line.  Why I really dont know as I asked for this to be turned off several months ago.  I reqplies and asked for that to be turned back off
I now also got PN agents telling me in ticket #25470529 (which was the original ticket I raised) not to raise multiple tickets abouty the same subject.  What?  I currently have 3 tickets open:
# 25470529 which asked me to raise a fault
# 25486394 the fault
# 25467042 which is a partly related customer retensions ticket which is still in progress but was rasied before the above 2 (as I've asked to have my IP proofile reset several times before all of which have never been actioned)
Quite frankly the service I recevied from PN over the last 3 days is the lowest I have ever recevied.  It proves agents dont read tickets properly.  All this has now also been included in the already open retensions ticket.
Either retensions sort this or I require a MAC.  Enough is simply enough.
All this just for a simple request to get my IP profile reset which BTW I was told in ticket # 25470529  should not be done via these forums despite there been multiple requests which get actioned straight away.
6 REPLIES 6
HPsauce
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Plus Net cusomter service reaches an all time low

Quote from: mitchell20
So I raised a tciket to get my IP profile changed back from 7000 to what it shouls be at 8000.

I think you have not understodd what an IP profile is and how it is derived.
Firstly, PlusNet do not control it, it is set by BT's equipment automatically depending on what happens with your line.
Secondly it is NEVER 8000. The highest possible value is 7150, if your line syncs stably at 8128/448mbps.
Finally, there's nothing wrong with 7000 anyway.  Crazy
mitchell20
Grafter

I'm well aware that my line profile is already set at 7125.  I'm talking about the figure PN set which is https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It always used to be 8000 then dropped to 7000
It still doesn't excuse the poor ticket respones I've been getting
paulby
Grafter

BT have my profile set at 7125

The highest IP profile you can get from BT is 7150 and PN will match this on their system.  You'll never get a profile of 8000 (although this did exist at PN's end at one time and was set when BT set a profile of 7150).
I wouldn't worry about a profile of 7000 - you won't notice any difference in speed over 7125.
For an explanation of IP profiles see this page from Kitz and [url=https://portal.plus.net/support/broadband/products/faqs_and_guides/dslmax_guide.shtml#Sync]this page[/rl] on the PlusNet help pages.
acr
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I used to have a BT profile of 7150 and a PN profile of 7000. When this was changed to 7150 there was definitely a small improvement in download speed.
You may like to have a look at this
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,64204.48.html
and request the change from there. I had a similar response to you when going through support.

mitchell20
Grafter

It defentatley did used to be 8000.  Can someone please change it to 7150 then.  Raising tickets is clearly a waste of time and effort as is often the case these days.
chillypenguin
Grafter

mod:note
The only thing in this thread hitting an all time low, is the behaviour of some of the posters.
I have removed the last two posts, and closed the thread to stop any reoccurrence.
Jonathan
aka Chilly