cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net auto IP profile system (still) slow to update???

Routefinder
Grafter

Plus Net auto IP profile system (still) slow to update???

Hi All
I having installed my new Billion 7800DXL a few days ago I was minded to discon and reboot it around midday time today the 21st to 'catch' the best time of day for improvement in sync.
Well, the sync rate did improve nicely Smiley
Before the reboot
Sync 3670
BT Speed Test IP profile 3.24
BT speed 2.73
PN profile 3.2
After the reboot
Sync 4011
BT test 3.54
BT speed 3.07
PN Profile 3.2
Tested again a short while ago and there has been a little settling of the sync!
Sync 3971
BT IP Profile 3.5
BT Speed 3.02
PN Profile 3.2
I think I recall that the PN system could be a tad slow in matching the BT profile................................and on occasion needed PN to kick in the proverbial Wink but surely by no the "controls" had been made more responsive  Cool Huh Roll_eyes Sad Cheesy
FWIW I did a BER test in the via the router GUI:-
ADSL BER Test -- Result
The ADSL BER test completed successfully.
Test Time 20 seconds
Total Transferred Bits 0x0000000004498800
Error Ratio 0.00e+00
7 REPLIES 7
Routefinder
Grafter

Re: Plus Net auto IP profile system (still) slow to update???

Just to update and for the record 20hours on the stats are the same.
I look forward to the PN guys 'n gals looking in on Monday and giving feedback in regard to the continued mismatch of BT & PN IP profiles............................FWIW I do recall this happening on a couple of occasions in the past and it was easily corrected by PN intervention but for some reason I thought the auto systems had been improved 'since that last time'?
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

The script that updates them is currently being worked on. (Well....not right now as its Sunday!).
Its one of the things my team is working on and is definitely getting there. I'll have a word with the developer tomorrow as I've not heard much recently and I was expecting it finished soon if not already.
I can give the profile on our side a kick in the proverbials as well in the morning.
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Scott
Many thanks for 'dropping by' on your day off  Cool Wink
Yes, it would be good if the script could be finalised and fully functional sometime soon especially as I am sure the PN team(s) who do the manual "kicking" have better things to do with their time...........................................and maybe if it was working correctly in auto mode the more user savvy hereabouts would not have to ask & the not so savvy would enjoy a better user experience that would simply(?) give rise to praise for PN "making my connection so much nicer..." Wink
In case I forget to say it I would like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas &  A Happy New Year Smiley
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

That's been updated for you now.
You will just need to login to your router and disconnect & reconnect for it to be picked up.
Unfortunately the developer working on the script is on holiday now until the new year so I won't be able to chase him until then to find out what is happening.
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Scott
Many thanks for getting on the case so quickly, much appreciated Smiley
FWIW I do not recall the discon/recon being required in the past??? But will do in a little while.
Kelly
Hero
Fixes: 9

You often get disconnected when the profile changes automatically.
Kelly Dorset
Ex-Broadband Service Manager
Routefinder
Grafter

Hi Scott & Kelly
Many thanks Cheesy
I did the discon/recon and all is well the speed lifted by 300kbps  Cool