Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus Net and Sky Anytime+

Docrob
Grafter

Plus Net and Sky Anytime+

Hiya,
I am trying to get Sky Anytime+ working. I have done all the relevant things and spent lots of time on the phone to Sky with no avail. They are now blaming it on plus net.
I have the right box the either net is connected and the box has an ip address anytime is enabled and I am getting the right screens on the Box - it has an IP address. But when I try to download anything I get a failure and a message saying no subscription.
Anybody else had this issue ?
18 REPLIES 18
ReedRichards
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 25

Re: Plus Net and Sky Anytime+

Quote from: Docrob
I am trying to get Sky Anytime+ working....  with no avail. They are now blaming it on plus net.

For what reason?
Docrob
Grafter

They say there configuration is correct and they have reset it twice. The box has been reset too. They say that the only thing left is either plus net blocking it or the plus net broadband configuration is incompatible.
anniesboy
Rising Star

Looks like other people are having issues,have you tried the Sky forum? you may get support there.
http://is.gd/bWGlOF
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Docrob
Hiya,
I am trying to get Sky Anytime+ working. I have done all the relevant things and spent lots of time on the phone to Sky with no avail. They are now blaming it on plus net.
I have the right box the either net is connected and the box has an ip address anytime is enabled and I am getting the right screens on the Box - it has an IP address. But when I try to download anything I get a failure and a message saying no subscription.
Anybody else had this issue ?

Do you have a subscription to SKY ?
You need one, even just a basic one.

I  plugged an Ethernet cable between SKY+HD box and Plusnet Router, and it just worked !

Do the network settings on your SKY+HD box look like this ?

I've removed the last part of the IP address, not sure if it is generic, or specific to me or my router.
Docrob
Grafter

Yes I have a subscription and as I said in my original post the BOX has an IP address.
Sky are adamant that the issue is with plus net
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Have you made sure your PlusNet firewall is not interfering?. Try setting it off if isn't already https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=firewall

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

waltdav
Grafter

I have been using Sky Anytime+ on PlusNet for a couple of weeks now and it works perfectly.  I have downloaded almost 30 GB of movies, etc.
However they keep sending me emails and txts telling me I have not yet plugged my Sky box into the Internet Router!
Roll_eyes
Walt
Docrob
Grafter

The plus net firewall is off
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you enabled Anytime+ on the SKY website, under your account ?
Docrob
Grafter

Yes and Sky have disabled and re enabled it twice the box has been reset 3 times now. They even got me to reset my router twice.
All the indications are that it should be working.
Anonymous
Not applicable

TBH, initially after a few mega days of downloading lots of content, most of which was technically inferior to SD quality, I don't bother anymore.
Perhaps if I miss something, I'll use A+ again.
I gave up on SKY GO months ago as it kept on freezing, the software that is.
(Apple iMac)
These days I just double bank, important programmes to me, with repeats, +1, Freeview etc
harps1h
Grafter

I use sky go on my pc all the time and have no problem.
Docrob
Grafter

Sky go works fine on my iMac and my macbook pro.
It's just this B****** anytime plus
Mark
Grafter

Hi
There is nothing on the Plusnet side causing this. There are many customers and staff using the Anytime+ service without issue.
What router are you using? Is it a netgear by any chance?
M