cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plus.Net Portal.

mcclim
Grafter

Plus.Net Portal.

Is there any plans to make the plus.net portal available from outside of plus.net yet ?  I work (or should that be my place of employment  is  Smiley ) in N. ireland, but my net connection is thru Germany (I Think) so I am unable to view my portal from work.
5 REPLIES 5
chillypenguin
Grafter

Re: Plus.Net Portal.

This issue is coming up more and more
I too have just fallen foul of that rule, for daring to connect to the Portal from the US.
Chilly (Currently exiled from the PlusNet forums.)
James
Grafter

Believe me Chilly, you should be happy to be in the US with the weather that we're having at the moment!
We'll try and get an update on this for you as soon as possible though. I do understand that it is a pain.
chillypenguin
Grafter

Thanks James
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Hi there,
Last I heard on this was that the geoip restictions would be in place pending the introduction of additional security checks when logging into the portal.
Initially it was suggested that we'd ask for a couple of digits from a customer's telephone number (we actually implemented this for a very short period of time a while ago). This isn't ideal though and causes issues and confusion where customers are in the middle of a house move etc.
Another suggestion was to request certain details from the user when they next login (mother's maiden name, name of first school, town of birth etc.) Once this information was populated we could then prompt for the answer to one of the questions each time a user logs in.
Either way, I've not been witness to any recent conversation on the topic so will try and find out what the stance is.
Edit: There's a possibility that we'll be lifting the restrictions today Smiley

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

James
Grafter

The restrictions have now been lifted, so all abroad should now be able to log in to the portal.