Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reset my line

Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: Please reset my line

You better delete that and send it in a PM to Chris Parr.
Ah OK Chris, we'll see what happens and see what Graham's reply is., except he has as I was typing  Lips_are_sealed
grahamn
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

telnetting into my router I see:
Interleaving on: depth 96 DS 8 US
SNR 6
Far SNRm 14
Atten: 26 dB
DS actual PSDL 20.0 dB
US actual PSD: 11.9dB
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Right, I'm going to set an intrusive test going. You'll lose connection for around 3 minutes!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
grahamn
Rising Star

Back again and adsl stats the same as per my last post.
Anotherone
Champion

Let's see what Chris's tests turn up. Out of curiosity, do you have another modem/router and if so, what is it?
The stats usually are after that sort of test unless something is seriously amiss.
grahamn
Rising Star

Hi
Ok no worries, will see what Chris reports,
I still have a bog-standard Thomson TG585 v7 from years ago when I "migrated" to plusnet from Waitrose/MAAF.
Draytek in use as we use Draytel voice for business.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

No issues at all found, copper line test no fault found and the line stats exactly the same as previously. It would be interesting to see whether the stats alter with a different router if that's possible?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Anotherone
Champion

OK, all I'm thinking is that if need be, at some convenient point, if there is still some anomaly with that stats and profile, is just to check stats with another modem/router, but not at the moment. Let's see what Chris's tests show and if the Reset did anything.
Does that Draytek have the ability to set the Target SNRM btw, just worth asking, you haven't got it set, but in any event that won't explain the US anomaly.
Edit. Well as I typed ...... Grin
Don't forget to do graceful disconnects when you go swapping.
grahamn
Rising Star

Ahhh now you're asking. Honest answer - I don't know but can explore.
I can also do a reset on the Draytek and go back to previous backup config - shall I do that before swapping to the Thomson as I've noooo idea whether it is setup for my logon or anything!!!!

Popping out for 20 (domestic commitment) - leave it with me guys and I will try a reset Draytek and if no joy I'll try the Thomson. I'll pick this up again in 1/2 hr. Appreciate all the help so far  Smiley
Anotherone
Champion

You can login to the Thomson off-line and check it out, but you may have to reboot the Computer to pick up the correct config for the LAN unless you are familiar with doing ipconfig release/renew etc at a cmd prompt.
Edit: No problem.
grahamn
Rising Star

ok... Thomson in situ with same odd upstream sync and a lower ds sync.. .888 us and 14.6 ds
Have re-run the btw speed test with additional diag (with Thomson in use) so results sent to their server.
11.9 down
0.69 up
Will put my original Draytek back after an hr uptime for the Thomson, in readiness for tomorrow. The router change had no effect on the sync.
Anotherone
Champion

OK, well when you've got your Draytek back on perhaps you can post the stats with errors etc & hopefully Chris can take another look at this tomorrow. It appears as though the reset hasn't done anything yet, but sometimes they don't happen immediately, so keep an eye on it.
grahamn
Rising Star

Will keep an eye on it.
About to swap back to the Draytek.
Hopefully Chris will pick this up again tomorrow. Smiley
Thanks again.
UPDATE: Draytek reconnected at same sync as before on Draytek 16Mbps down .88 up SNR 6 Loop Att: 26
Anotherone
Champion

All noted. Tomorrow, tenet stats with errors and uptime would be much more informative, don't worry about that tonight but do have a check to see what your SNRM is doing after dark. Hopefully with your current temporary arrangement you should find it a lot less variable.
grahamn
Rising Star

Nothing seems to have happened today with plusnet and the line. stats unchanged here. An outage about 8h20 ago, nothing else.
Will publish telnet stats later but have plusnet lost interest?