cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please reset my SNR

montymarcroft

Please reset my SNR

Hi I have suffered some power issues just recently, so would like this reset as the connection speed appears to have dropped because of the amount of reboots on my router
can this be done ASAP please  Embarrassed
adie:red removed all caps titles.
7 REPLIES 7
AndyT
Grafter

Re: Please reset my SNR

Hi montymarcroft,
I've had a look at your line and it seems to be running as I'd expect - the sync speed is 2112kbps with a 1500kbps profile and an SNR margin of 5db.  I can't see that there'd be any benefit to a reset at the moment, what are you expecting from the connection based on previous performance?
montymarcroft

I was getting 2MB I know that isn't much of an improvement but when you are in the sticks it makes a big difference when you are streaming netflix
AndyT
Grafter

Ok I'll reset it now and see if there's any improvement
AndyT
Grafter

Yes it's increased following the reset, you should now be back up to around 2Mbps.  May just need to you to end your current session and start a new one via the router interface to pick up the increased speeds.
Cheers
montymarcroft

Thanks so router reboot?
AndyT
Grafter

If you can do it without physically switching the router off and on, that would be best.  You can do this by accessing the router settings via the IP address of the router (varies depending on which router you are using). 
If you're using a router we supplied, type 192.168.1.254 in to a web browser and press enter.  Then input the router username (admin) and password provided on the underside of the router and click OK.  Once in the router configuration page, there should be an option to 'Disconnect' and then to 'Connect'. 
Hope this makes sense Smiley
montymarcroft

Cool