Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please re-open ticket

npr
Pro
Fixes: 9

Please re-open ticket

Ticket #76098539
When I tried to add a reply to this complaint ticket somehow it became closed.
I would like to add a reply, so can someone please re-open the ticket.
38 REPLIES 38
James
Grafter

Re: Please re-open ticket

Hi,
I'm afraid that the can't reopen tickets, I imagine you might have accidentally hit the close button.
Can you please open a new ticket and reference the previous one.  I would say though that there doesn't appear to be anything further that we can do to help.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: James
I'm afraid that the can't reopen tickets, I imagine you might have accidentally hit the close button.

That's incredibly stupid. It can't be hard to add, surely?
Peter_Vaughan
Grafter

Apparently it is because it has been like that since Plusnet started using the ticket system.... if it was easy they would have done it by now as this has been asked for many, many times.
npr
Pro

Hi,
I would say though that there doesn't appear to be anything further that we can do to help.

Thanks James,
I guess I must have accidentally hit the close button -- It's much too easy to do, it would be good to have a "are you sure button"!
This ticket was my formal complaint regarding a long standing issue. I'll take this as reaching 'deadlock' which allows me to now go to OFCOM.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: npr
I guess I must have accidentally hit the close button -- It's much too easy to do, it would be good to have a "are you sure button"!

This has been requested before (or re-location of the 'close' button) to reduce the risk of accidentally closing tickets.  How about it Plusnet - is it that difficult to improve this simple thing for all your customers?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
James
Grafter

You don't need deadlock to speak with Ofcom.
You're also not in deadlock as you haven't requested a claim in order to go to ADR (CISAS).  I'd recommend that you open a new complaint and let us try and reach a mutually satisfactory outcome.  Without that, we won't supply a deadlock code.
Our oldest complaint is only 40 hours old at the moment (SLA is 7 days) so you wouldn't have to wait long.
npr
Pro

Hi James,
In your previous post you said "I would say though that there doesn't appear to be anything further that we can do to help. "
That looks like deadlock to me, so why can't you issue a deadlock code?
James
Grafter

Raising a claim with CISAS will have no bearing on a fault.
It's merely financial.
inhost
Grafter

That is absolute BS, I have had a ticket reopened in the past. they just dont want too because it is bad for numbers, i.e. the stats are more important to them than any single customer.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've been here nearly 8 years and have *never* known a ticket to be reopened. To do so would need someone to manually go into the database and do so, this is not a trivial thing to do and only a very very small number of people in the company have access to our databases.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
inhost
Grafter

It was a simple case of someone putting an internal request in. took about half a day.
Also I have worked with support desk software and general incident or ticket or record driven stuff for 16+ years you seem to be a unique case in that you simply dont want to reopen tickets so my feeling is it has been made this way by design so your stats stay nice on the outside.
npr
Pro

Raising a claim with CISAS will have no bearing on a fault.
It's merely financial.

Thanks James,
I'll not waste my time with CISAS then.
Do you have any other suggestions regarding who can help me to get Plusnet / BT to repair a recognised line fault?
OFCOM's web page says "We cannot handle individual complaints". So they're not much use either.
For information: the issue is a upstream speed of only 0.6 mbps on my fibre connection. This has been ongoing for over 6 months.
James
Grafter

Npr,
Has it ever been better than that on a fibre connection or has it always been that low?
npr
Pro

Hi James,
When fibre was first installed in February the upstream sync was between 1.2 and 1.6 mbps, the forecast upstream speed was 3.8 mbps.
This was investigated but I was told it was unlikely it could be improved. I accepted this until in April it dropped to 0.6mbps, where it's mostly been ever since.
After 6 months and numerous BT visits I'm now told that this is the best the line can do and BT will not try to improve this.
Note: AFAIK a speed of less than 25% of the forecast speed is recognised by BT as a fault.
To be blunt I'm more annoyed by the BS in the ticket than the actual issue. It's just degenerated into a series of poor excuses for BT and blatant contradictions. As a customer I find this insulting.
Note2:
Since BT stopped investigating this issue I've now bought a VDSL modem router to replace BT's modem. This has improved my upstream speed slightly, it's now around 1 mbps.
I mention this for completeness, it has not resolved my issue.