cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please provide an update on my broadband activation following my house move on 18th Sept

babslovesbingo

Please provide an update on my broadband activation following my house move on 18th Sept

Hi there

I keep having to give up on phone queues due to the wait and I'm just trying to get an update on when my broadband will be working. I moved on 18th September and was told it would only be a few days but it's still not working and despite online chat staff emailing for updates on my behalf I still don't know what's happening. I've now had to reset my password to try and get on here for updates and now I'm worried that I won't know how to sort out my router when the broadband does start working!

4 REPLIES 4
Baldrick1
Fixes: 418

Re: Please provide an update on my broadband activation following my house move on 18th Sept

@babslovesbingo wrote:
I've now had to reset my password to try and get on here for updates and now I'm worried that I won't know how to sort out my router when the broadband does start working!

This comment is very confusing. This forum password is totally unconnected with your Plusnet account password and can be different, so what is it that you have changed?

If you have changed your Plusnet account password the thing to do is to get a paperclip or similar and put it in the factory reset hole that you will find on your router. Keep the reset switch closed for at least 30 seconds. It should then pick up your latest log in details from the Plusnet servers without any problem when your service is live.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

babslovesbingo

Re: Please provide an update on my broadband activation following my house move on 18th Sept

Ok, thank you. I'm getting confused with the whole thing to be honest, I'm 77 years old and not very good with all of this. All I've been trying to do is get an update on why my broadband still isn't working since I moved on 18th Sept when I was told it would only be out of service for a few days. I can't even get any updates as whenever I try to call the queues are too long and I end up having to give up. The web chat people can't help as they aren't the right team that I need and meanwhile I still can't get any updates. I thought I would try and join this forum thing to speak to someone who could help but I didn't know my password so reset it and then I got messages saying that I might need to update the password on my router, Its all very confusing. I've been trying everything to get an update I even used my daughters facebook last night to send a message. Please can someone update me on what's happening with my broadband I need it for my Sky mainly as I can't get out much. 

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @babslovesbingo,

I have responded to your other post.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for any long wait you have experienced. By all means once the broadband goes live if you are unable to get online feel free to drop us a message on here as we'd be happy to guide you through steps to take in logging into the router and updating the password if needed. Keeping in mind that usually we see the new account details automatically be pulled from the account to the router with no further steps needed.

Thank you.

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

HI @babslovesbingo

I'm copying my response to your other post below.

Hi @babslovesbingo,

We're really sorry to hear about any long wait you have experienced.

I can see that you had a discussion with one of my colleagues yesterday but I have also updated you via ticket here

If there is anything else we may assist you with please feel free to get back in touch.

Thank you.