cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please help with broadband line fault.

lessthanhappy

Please help with broadband line fault.

ADSL stopped synching and after over a week of waiting and doing usual line tests and checks at my end  the fault was handed over to BTopenreach to fix line.  My wife recieved a call saying BT had fixed the line problem (no indication of what problem was or how it was fixed) and that broadband should now be working. Unfortunately the line still was not synching and since BT had declared the issue resolved we are back to square one, that is potentially another week of waiting for the issue to be passed to BT and for them to get round to addressing the problem.  As BTopenreach are not a 'public facing' company we rely on the good people of Plusnet to ensure that they are dealing with line faults in a timely and eficient manner and that ongoing issues are are prioritised apropriately (not dumped to the back of queue as it would appear we have been).  When asked how Plusnet faults resolution staff pursue these issues with BT I was told they try to phone them once a day.  This is would not suggest a particularily rigorous or demanding strategy and does not seem to be working for me.
Perhaps someone from Plusnet can explain how the interface with BT works with regards to line faults and assure me that Plusnet Staff are vigourously demanding an urgent resolution too my line fault.
Thankyou
2 REPLIES 2
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Please help with broadband line fault.

Hi lessthanhappy,
Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. I've tested the line and can see the issue is still apparent, as such I've passed your fault back to BT for further investigation. We'll let you know as soon as we hear anything back, the next step will most likely be to book an engineer to come and investigate the fault from your premises.
lessthanhappy

Re: Please help with broadband line fault.

Thanks for that.  I understand that BT have been notified and hopefully the line fault will finally be resolved.  However, what I am really interested in is how pressure is put on BT to act to achieve a swift and total resolution, particularily for longer outages like this one.  Do you escalate the frequency of contact with BT over time (e.g. if a line fault is not resolved in 3 or 4 days do you start to phone BT every 2 hours rather than every day).  Is there a system which flags up longer unresolved issues on their system so that they are prioritised?  It would appear that in my case that having thought they had fixed the line fault BT had closed out the issue and I am returned to the back of the queue to await another attempted fix with no greater urgency than the first time.
I believe that communicating what happens behind the scenes and assuring that measures are being taken to proactively and urgently resolve such problems would go a long way to help soothe the frustrations of customers such as myself.