Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can someone help me!!!

iballsas
Grafter

Please can someone help me!!!

Hi,
We opted to switch our boradband service to Plusnet back in September. After giving plusnet the MAC code etc we eagerly awaited the switch within 5-7 days. 4 weeks later and we had no contact at all from plus net so I called to chase them. It turned out the MAC code we'd been given was invalid, but nobody at plus net had bothered to get in contact with us to tell us!!! Obviously quite happy to sit on the 12 months advance line rental we had paid but not provide any service!
So my husband called them, but wasn't allowed to speak to them as it is in my name despite arranging for him to be a nominated person to deal with the account when we started the transfer (incidentally we've tried a further two times to add him and still every time he calls we're told he is not authorised!!! Oh and every time we have called so far it has been a minimum of a 40 minute wait on the phone!).
Finally we had a text to say the broadband service would be up and running by 22/11/13 (8 weeks after starting the process!), only to then receive a text last night saying it won't now be until 28/11/13!
To top it all off, this morning our broadband is not working, we have no connection, BT claims we are still connected with them, but can't figure out why we have no service, can't talk to plusnet as they say my husband is still not authorised on the account.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to put this, but I'm so frustrated, this has been the worst switch experience ever and I'm beginning to wish I had kept paying the extra £8 a month with BT for all of the hassle this caused.
Any help would be gratefully received.
Thanks
10 REPLIES 10
thesawdust
Grafter

Re: Please can someone help me!!!

Staff will be around here at 9am.
Hopefully they'll pick this, and give you valid reasons as to why you have no ADSL!
iballsas
Grafter

Thanks, I'll wait patiently!
To make things worse, my husband has spent the last hour on the phone to BT, BT has now confirmed they've disconnected us as we have been transferred. Does this mean we now have to go a week until 28/11 with no home broadband? Nobody explained that when we decided to transfer.
I thought plusnet were supposed to be the Which? recommended broadband provider for customer service, so far they have made BT look like shining super heroes!
Regards
thesawdust
Grafter

Maybe PlusNET need to activate you? Hopefully Chris will pick up this topic.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi iballsas,
Sorry to see and hear the experience you've had so far, not sure why you've have been told it's the 28th now to be honest, I'll chase that up.
I've manually activated your account so you should now be able to connect, let me know how you get on.
Also if you can raise a ticket with your husbands name on then I'll get him added as an authorised user too.
iballsas
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the reply, I'll rais a ticket with his name on in a second. We've just had an e-mail to say a BT engineer is visiting us today to install the Fibre. Firstly we weren't aware of this until now, secondly there is nobody at home today and thirdly we were told an engnineer wouldn't have to come out as we are already fibre customers with BT.
Is it just a case of now plugging in the router, setting up and we'll be ready to go? If so I'll get my husband to do it as soon as he gets home tonight and if we have any problems we'll get in touch.
Does this mean that with effect from today our Phone and Broadband are now with Plusnet?
Thanks
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No engineer will be visiting, any work required has already been completed externally.
All you need to do is replace your current router with the one we supplied and that should auto configure for you and yes your broadband and phone are now with us.
I've also added your husband as an authorised person to access the account.
iballsas
Grafter

Thank you Chris, you're help this morning has been very much appreciated.
If only the whole plus net team were as good as you.
If we have any problems with the router later, we'll get straight in touch with you!!
Have a good day.
Regards
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

If you have any problems with the router then, assuming you still have a BT Homehub 2,3 or 4, it can be configured to use PlusNet ( http://community.plus.net/library/hardware/using-a-bt-homehub-3-or-2-on-plusnet-adsl-or-fttc/ ).
In fact the wireless performance on the PN supplied TG582n can be poor in some circumstances so, if you're happy to reconfigure it, you may be better using the HomeHub anyway Smiley

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

iballsas
Grafter

All up and running, thank you all for your help.
We reconfigured our HH4 because we understand it has better coverage.
One final thing, we got an e-mail today saying our phone service will transfer on 05/12/13 is this correct, Chris, you stated above everything was already transferred?
Regards
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Glad to see you're online with us, apologies too, your phone line is due to transfer to us on the 5th December, this is also when you'll begin to pay for your phone line service with us.