Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please can Plusnet send me my router.

sultan3
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

Please can Plusnet send me my router.

Joined 5/2/13. Activation date 20/2/13.
Still waiting for my router.  Starting to wonder if I made the right decision to join Plusnet.
8 REPLIES 8
tijara33
Pro
Fixes: 6

Re: Please can Plusnet send me my router.

They normally arrive the day before activation. Have you checked your order status?
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Hi sultan3,
Sorry for the delay in getting the router out to you. I've just got that sent off for you. You should receive your router shortly.
sultan3
Dabbler

Thank you .
sultan3
Dabbler

What is meant by incompatible products on my line. I am due to be disconnected by my present provider very soon. Will I be left without a connection.
I was not informed that my order was cancelled. Was I credited with the amount I paid?  Not sure what is going on. Angry

Dear Mr Ibrahim,
Thank you for getting in touch.
The router has now been dispatched and will be with you within the next 3 working days. The router is delivered via Royal Mail and does not need to be signed for.
However your order has been cancelled due to incompatible products on the line. I have escalated this ticket to our Fibre Provides team to look into this further.
We appreciate your patience whilst we investigate the issue and we apologise for any inconvenience this may be causing.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at https://portal.plus.net/wizard/?p=search if we can be of any further assistance.
Kind regards,

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

If you are migrating using a MAC your old ISP should not cut you off until the day of the migration (unless you told them you were cancelling). Many things (e.g. snow) can stop an installation from happening on the due day - that's why the process has been set up the way it has.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
I've asked one of our provisioning agents to look into this for you, you should have an update on what's happening this afternoon.
sultan3
Dabbler

This is the update.:
Dear Mr ********,
Our suppliers have rejected our order as they have advised there are currently incompatible products on your line. Therefore, we kindly request that you contact your current phone and broadband provider to check if they have any special products on the line. Once this has been done, please contact us on 0800 432 0200 to let us know.
Please do not hesitate to get back in touch online at http://contactus.plus.net or by phone on 0800 432 0200 if we can be of further assistance.
The next action on your Help Assistant Question is due on Tuesday 26th February at 7:00am. This Question will remain open with the BOT - FTTC Rejections until this time.
Kind regards,

I've had enough. Please advice me how I can get my order for Fibre cancelled with Plusnet. I do not have the time and effort to do the job that Plusnet should be doing. You are unable to full fill your contractual obligations. I therefore am asking that you refund the monies that you have already taken from me.  Unless you sort this ASAP. So that I have the time to look for another Fibre supplier.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I'm sorry you feel that way,
I will review this again in more detail with our provisioning team, however this as far as I'm aware isn't something we should be doing. I'm sorry this seems to be a tricky situation though which is mainly down to the fact that we're not able to be aware of the exact nature of the incompatible products.
I'll get back to you ASAP, but if you have decided that you wish to cancel you'd need to speak with our customer options team who can be contacted via these details:
http://www.plus.net/support/service/policies/cancellation.shtml

EDIT: Just a quick update to say that we have contacted our suppliers to ask for more information about the incompatible products and we're now expecting a reply by email so I'll make sure we get in touch when we have that as we should then be able to see a clearer way forward.
Even if you still wish to leave I'd still advise waiting for this response first as you'd be likely to hit the same issue with other providers.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team