cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help, upgraded to higher speeds and new router on Friday and had no service since.

stephscrivv
Hooked

Please Help, upgraded to higher speeds and new router on Friday and had no service since.

I’ve tried going into router settings, going on broadband and changing from ‘setup@plusnet…’ to my username and password like I’ve seen elsewhere on this forum. However after pressing connect it comes up with a green tick and says ‘Disconnected’.
I’ve also been in contact on the phone but no one seems to be able to give me an answer and tells me it’s being passed to a line manager and that they will contact me the following day.
Any help or ideas would be very much appreciated, thanks
12 REPLIES 12
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 255

Re: Please Help, upgraded to higher speeds and new router on Friday and had since.

@stephscrivv Welcome to the forums. What speed did you upgrade from/to? What were/are your old/new routers?

John
stephscrivv
Hooked

Re: Please Help, upgraded to higher speeds and new router on Friday and had since.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’ve gone from 60mbps to 500mbps. And gone from the original router (I’m guessing plusnet hub one) to the new plusnet hub Two. I have a box installed on the wall, was it ‘ONT’. I have the three lights confirming the internet is on but I have the two orange lights on the plusnet hub two.
jab1
Legend

Ah - wondered if that was what you had done. I'm no expert on Full Fibre, but my guess is that there is something wrong between you and the Plusnet network. I could be wrong, but the fact the ONT is showing as 'all systems OK', and the Hub won't authenticate points that way.

Other more knowledgeable folk may cast more light on this.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 396

Sounds like yet another provisioning failure by Openreach/ BTWholesale...

Either they haven't completed the order or they haven't 'built' the circuit properly.

Plusnet support should. escalate it to the CAT ( customer assist ) team who should take ownership and get onto OR

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jab1
Legend

Wondered if it was that, @MisterW .

@stephscrivv I hope they sort it speedily for you.

John
stephscrivv
Hooked

Would this require another visit from an engineer? I can see me having no internet for a while if that’s the case.

Really appreciate your replies guys.
jab1
Legend

No, @stephscrivv , no need for another engineer visit. If, as I suspect, @MisterW is correct, then it is all at OpenReach's end.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

Correct

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

stephscrivv
Hooked

Hi guys, thought I’d give an update and hopefully pick your brains again. So after more time on the phone they convinced me it would require an engineer visit and it would be sorted, the engineer came out today, and just told me i need a new router and got one on order for me.
I’ve called them again tonight to complain about this and the agent on the phone assured me if it’s just a new router that is required then if I still had my old router that worked just fine before, then plugging that in temporarily will give me access while I wait for my new one.
This still hasn’t worked.
Please could I ask what I need to say to them on the phone to get this resolved as I’m now positive that the new router they tell me will sort it that arrives in yet another 3-5 days won’t work.
Pulling my hair out as my partner works from home and has had to extend his phone data a few times at big expense.
jab1
Legend

@stephscrivv As has been said above, this is not a Hub problem, but a fault in the OpenReach build of your connection. To be honest, I fail to see why Plusnet can't see this, and why they went to the trouble and expense of an engineer.

A new Hub will definitely not resolve it.

John
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

I’ve called them again tonight to complain about this and the agent on the phone assured me if it’s just a new router that is required then if I still had my old router that worked just fine before, then plugging that in temporarily will give me access while I wait for my new one.
This still hasn’t worked.

So call them again and tell them the old router doesn't work either , therefore it's not a router problem.

Was it an Openreach engineer or a Qube engineer  ?

Edit: having proved it's not a router problem. Diagnosis is simple :-

are authentication attempts hitting the Plusnet network ?

Yes, then it's a Plusnet problem with your account

No, then it's an Openreach build problem

My guess would be the latter

stephscrivv
Hooked

Again, really appreciate it guys.
One last phone call tomorrow I hope.
I’ll lay out these points.