cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help only getting 0.48mbps download speed recently

ziotree

Please Help only getting 0.48mbps download speed recently

Ive been with Plusnet for about 6 months now and ive been happy with the service and even recommended my girlfriend join which she did however for the past week or so the internet has been real slow...web sites taking ages to load up, video streams always buffering etc
i used to get 7meg broadband which i was more than happy with as im allowed max of 8meg where i live however after recent test ive been getting 0.48mbps sometimes even less.
There was a problem with my BT line a few days ago in that i was unable to make any calls or recieve any however that is fixed now as a BT guy came out to my house and sorted that....messed about with stuff inside and outside of the house.
I thought that may have been connected to my slow speed but no improvement has happened since its been fixed and im stuck with the same slow speed which is very frustrating.
Any help would be much appreciated as the internet is integral to my job (web developer)
thanks
6 REPLIES 6
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 5

Re: Please Help only getting 0.48mbps download speed recently

Hi,
I'm really sorry to hear that you've started to have problems with your broadband connection.
I've just taken a look at your connection and can see that everything looks fine, however, the Speed Profile set on our side hadn't updated. I've just got that sorted out for you.
Your router will drop the connection within the next 3 hours and the Speed Profile will auto update at this point. If you'd like to speed this process up, you can log into your router and soft disconnect and connect again.
Please let me know if you'd like any further help Smiley
ziotree

Thanks for the reply Chris
Like I said ive been really happy with the service up until this little problem.
Will the speed most likely go up then now after the change you made? how long will this update take?
thanks
im at work until 5 so wont be able to check until then
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for getting back to me.
The update will last a couple of seconds and then your connection should reconnect. To be honest you probably wont notice that it has happened.
When you do get home, please run a Speed Test and we'll see if that's done the trick Smiley
ziotree

thanks Chris
will do that and reply once its done around 5-6pm
thanks
ziotree

hi chris
whatever you did seems to have done the trick.
done a speedtest and the speed has improved dramatically and is back to speeds i was getting before
thanks. great service.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi ziotree,
That's brilliant Smiley
Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.