cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help C.C.T.V. Cameras

speedboy327

Please Help C.C.T.V. Cameras

Sad Hi everybody first of all new to site and not really a tec head so hope somebody can help.I have recenctly installed C.C.T.V. cameras at my property but having loads of trouble try to access them away from the property,when at the property no problem just veiw the cameras through triplex veiwer easy no problem.Ok when I try to access them away from the property it won't let me access in through the router.I have had someone round who supposed to know a bit about computers and as opened the ports disabled the fire wall,set the dvd driver to the correct settings,but we still cannot access the cameras remotely away from the property.The guy as said he believes it's the Thomson router could be at fault, said he can supply one for £70-00 is this correct or am I being ripped off.If I require a new router whats a good make at a resonable price.I live in Lincoln so if there's any one out there can help me out for a few beers or suggest to me someone who can without being ripped off to save me going mad please post help  :'(.
5 REPLIES 5
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Re: Please Help C.C.T.V. Cameras

Hi there and welcome to the forums.
Do you know which ports the camera requires are opened? If you do then you can check here to see whether or not the person that came round has done what they should have.
If they haven't then there's a pretty exhaustive list of port forwarding help/advice over on the website here.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

speedboy327

Hi Bob yes I beleive thats been done but still can't access.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

On a normal PlusNet account, your public IP is dynamic and may change from time to time. In order to access your CCTV cameras remotely you will either have to request a static IP ( if your account permits ) or use somthing like dyndns to provide a mapping to your currently active public IP.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

speedboy327

Hi I signed up to Dydns but still have problems, would it be best to request a static I.P.Also if I have a static I.P does the fire wall still need to turned of many thanks.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

DynDns should be fine. I've had a look at what I think is the manual for the Triplex DVR viewer and TBH it's pretty bad. Its not really obvious which ports you need to forward. Its seems to talk about both 8841/2 and 80. I would suggest trying forwarding all of those to the DVR system and see if it works.
Sorry can't be much more help.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.