cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Help! ADSL settings after Fibre DOWNGRADE

wfltd

Please Help! ADSL settings after Fibre DOWNGRADE

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help clarify the correct settings for our Draytek Router after Downgrading from VDSL2 back to ADSL.

I raised a ticket but didn't get a clear answer.

At present we are still connected using the VDSL settings even though the line has supposedly been reverted back to ADSL?

If I change the DSL mode back to ADSL the connection fails!

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Will

5 REPLIES 5
adrianscotter
Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Please Help! ADSL settings after Fibre DOWNGRADE

Here you go wfltd

Bog standard ADSL settings

Live long and prosper!
adrianscotter
Pro

Of course, if I'd have put the URL in, it would help a LOT!

https://www.plus.net/help/broadband/broadband-connection-settings/

Sorry, its an age thing Wink

Live long and prosper!
wfltd

Thanks for the reply.

If we have indeed been switched back to ADSL why can I still connect using the VDSL2 information?

When I change the DSL mode of the modem back to ADSL we lose connection and the line state shows FAILED... I'm unsure how to proceed.

adrianscotter
Pro

Probably because billing and engineering are 2 departments that only communicate electronically, it usually overlaps on the engineering side to give you time to change your settings, billing goes over when they say it will.  After a (usually) short period of both being active, the VDSL will cease and the ADSL will remain active.

Live long and prosper!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Will, thanks for getting in touch.

I can see the order to downgrade your service to ADSL completed on 04/10/19 at 01:51:05 in the morning. It's odd because apart from a drop last Monday and again today, we're seeing an ongoing connection with no drops on the 4th.

This suggests engineering work may not have been carried out to remove the fibre jumpers from the cabinet(the green box in the road) but your line is definitely testing as ADSL in sync at a speed of 8477kbps.

I'm assuming your Draytek router has been connected this whole time and you're not using another router i.e. the one we've sent you? If that's the case, personally I'd just leave things as they are and if your connection drops at some point in the future, then try switching your router over from the VDSL to ADSL setting.

If you are/had been using our own router(Hub One) this shouldn't matter as this router will automatically do the switching between ADSL and VDSL modes for you.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet