cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please Could I Have My Activation Date?

wykehamhouse
Grafter

Re: Please Could I Have My Activation Date?

Hello again,
I am pleased to confirm that the SNRM has stayed at 6dB as promised. The peak-time speed issues seem to have improved too.
I was wondering if the upstream SNRM could be reduced to 6dB as it was before, to allow the line to sync at approximately 1000Kbps upstream as it did before (on my previous ISP). We do quite a bit of uploading and gaming and the extra speed would help somewhat.
Thank you once again.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

I was wondering if the upstream SNRM could be reduced to 6dB

I'd actually recommend leaving things as they are if the connection is working fine and expected at the moment.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Hello again,
I have been monitoring my connection recently and I am concerned about the errors. I seem to get thousands per day, with lots of severe error seconds too:
Line state: Connected
Connection time: 5 days, 18:54:11
Downstream: 8,374 Kbps
Upstream: 888 Kbps
  ADSL settings
VPI/VCI: 0/38
Type: PPPoA
Modulation: G.992.5 Annex A
Latency type: Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up): 4.9 dB / 11.4 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up): 43.5 dB / 22.2 dB
Output power (Down/Up): 0.0 dBm / 12.8 dBm
FEC Events (Down/Up): 8494038 / 9970
CRC Events (Down/Up): 18654 / 424
Loss of Framing (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Signal (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Power (Local/Remote): 0 / 0
Loss of Link (Remote): 0
HEC Errors (Down/Up): 460878 / 1045
Error Seconds (Local/Remote): 0 / 172
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Is it affecting your use of the connection? If not I'd recommend leaving things as they are, as any attempt to reduce the number of errors will certainly involve either turning on interleaving or increasing the SNR of the line.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Hi Matt,
It is somewhat affecting my connection. The connection does stop completely at certain times of day and a couple of minutes later, everything starts working again.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fair enough, sorry to hear that. Would you prefer to have interleaving enabled, or the target SNR increased by 3dB? The latter would probably be better as while it would slow your connection down, it'll reduce the number of errors without increasing the ping times significantly.
wykehamhouse
Grafter

Quote from: Matt
Fair enough, sorry to hear that. Would you prefer to have interleaving enabled, or the target SNR increased by 3dB? The latter would probably be better as while it would slow your connection down, it'll reduce the number of errors without increasing the ping times significantly.

Let's get interleaving enabled.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about this, unfortunately didn't check your line before I posted the above. It seems interleaving is already on, so the only recourse we have is to increase the SNR - I can have a word with Chris and see if we can do this such that you're still not affected by DLM, but it will reduce the downstream speed somewhat.
Please let us know if you'd like to go ahead with that?