Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pity PN don't let you know when your internet's going down

Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Pity PN don't let you know when your internet's going down

Yesterday the 'net was down all day due to my transferring from 02 to PN. Thing is, I would've thought it'd be reasonable for PN to let me know when everything was down. It just happened all of a sudden and it was pretty frustrating not knowing whether it was my (02) router that was the problem or something else. The only communication I got was a text a few days prior to say I would be connected by midnight on 1.8.13.
Pretty bad service for a newbie.
3 REPLIES 3
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Re: Pity PN don't let you know when your internet's going down

I'm not entirely sure how we'd do this as we haven't much control over when a migration happens. Your account isn't activated until we receive notification from our suppliers that the work's complete either. There's a chance that we'd have been able to switch things on earlier had you got in touch. Sorry it wasn't as smooth as you'd hoped for  Sad

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cagney1994 -
Once you are fully connected, you might want to consider signing up for Service Status Email Updates, to receive email notification of planned outages and other known service issues.
Wink
Cagney1994
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Quote from: Bob
I'm not entirely sure how we'd do this as we haven't much control over when a migration happens. Your account isn't activated until we receive notification from our suppliers that the work's complete either. There's a chance that we'd have been able to switch things on earlier had you got in touch. Sorry it wasn't as smooth as you'd hoped for  Sad

Thanks Bob.
And I was under the impression the migration would last only a couple of hours (not about 24).
And thanks for the link, 'purleigh'.