Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping seems high tonight

njay
Grafter

Ping seems high tonight

I was browsing t'internet this evening and it felt "slow"
Quick speed test and it was really down as getting sub 30mbs and 5mbs up. (Normally 70ish/18) Ping time was 50-75ms.(normally 18-20ms)
Didn't think much of it although no thing else was using my connection and watched Grand Prix that I ad recorded (hmm 3hrs I am not going to get back in my life lol)
however just thought I would check and graph looks really high for my line

Checking a few others on tbb ping graph thread and similar peaks. Was everyone online upping contention tonight lol
4 REPLIES 4
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Re: Ping seems high tonight

Hi njay,
I've has a look over your connection, you've remained connected to gateway PCL-AG01, we had no reported issues.
If you see your speeds drop again, would you be able to run a speed test and run further diagnostics.
njay
Grafter

Hi Chris,
If you look at the ping graph thread http://community.plus.net/ping-graphs/ It seems to be a general thing (shape of grpah is similar alebit some seem more affected than others) happening each night between 8-11pm for those of us on fibre? Looks like we all had a zero response during the night too. I would have thought that there were sufficient ping graphs to cover a wide geographic region for it not to be local maintenance causing this Smiley
i have run BTw speed tests quite a number of times over the past month and generally its fine in the mornings and lower at night although not as low as Sunday Smiley The Ip Profile always remains at the maxiumum of 77.44. for an 80/20 service regardless of when I run it though so I don't believe its a localised issue?

jimbof
Grafter

The dropout last nightaround 1.30am is a bit weird.  I'm running monitors from F8lure and aaisp too and neither of those recorded the dropout.  Perhaps an issue with a particular route or the thinkbroadband monitor itself?
njay
Grafter

That's a possiblity I guess as its present on all ADSL and FTTC graphs on that thead Crazy