Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping issues and latency problems

mrchrisgreen
Hooked

Ping issues and latency problems

Hi,

I've always had a solid connection and low latency connection with Plus Net Fibre.  But recently, in the last month or so, I've noticed intermittent ping and latency issues in online games like Rocket League.

Having had issues today I ran Pingplotter, image attached.  Does this indicate an issue with my router or my connection to Plus Net?

pingplotter.png

The router is the old technicolor model that I got back in 2012, I'm wondering if this needs replacing?  The ping issues are sometimes solved with a router reset...

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Re: Ping issues and latency problems

Hi @mrchrisgreen sorry that you seem to be having problems, I've just assigned you a static IP to test something please turn your router off for a few minutes and reconnect and let us know how you're getting on.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
mrchrisgreen
Hooked

Hi JonoH,

Sorry for not replying sooner, I wanted to test the static IP for a couple of days before replying.

Everything seems very stable now.  I've not noticed any ping spikes/latency issues in Rocket League.

Here is a pingplotter graph to the same IP as above (this is a Rocket League server):

6. Ping plotter 25-07-2018.png

I'll keep testing if you like to make sure, maybe another week or so to be sure?

Thanks

Chris

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

That's great news @mrchrisgreen I'm pleased you're connection is doing better.

We located a problem in our network that we now think we've resolved. Over the next few days we will be monitoring the situation and removing the static IP's if everything goes OK.

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager