cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping has gone up from 24ms to 60. help

thecalpins

Ping has gone up from 24ms to 60. help

i have phoned up the helpline and everyone was very helpful ive tested my router,replaced all adsl filters and made shure my interleaving is off, but my ping is still double what it had been for a year and a half, i was advised as there is nothing more pn or me can do to post on here and see iv i could change any setting on my netgear n300 router.
i play on xbox 360 its wired,pc is wired and my girlfriends xbox is wired my speeds haven't changed just my ping, we are both competitive games and i was top 3 uk on halo 3. and the 50-60ms is a bit of a problem when most other competitive people have over 20mb and i have 6down and 0.6up i live in a rural village close to my exchange.
anything i could change on my router would be nice, also ive port forwarded the xboxs.
4 REPLIES 4
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Ping has gone up from 24ms to 60. help

Hi there,
I've just had a look and it seems interleaving is on and has been since March - happy to place an order to remove that for you if you wish? That's most likely the cause of the increase.
thecalpins

yes please i had been informed that it was off yesterday but there has been no change so its obviously not it may have turned itself on again but my line is very stable so yes i would like it turned off please. thanks Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem, order's placed for you and will complete tomorrow.
thecalpins

thank you Smiley