Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping doubles in evening on PRO

markrach
Grafter

Ping doubles in evening on PRO

Hi
I can understand traffic management etc and routing traffic accordingly depending on what service people are on , but i'm finding that if i play any game online on a day off i'm hitting 17ms to .nl (xs4all servers) lower to geeky.cc , multiplay , jolt etc but once i hit evening times i doubles
ping plotter in the day shows 10ms to uk servers and in the evenings its hitting 40ms ?
netherland servers 17 within the day and 60 in the evenings .
thought being on pro that in a way we had priority over bandwidth and latency . with PRO i'm nocking out even more with downloads so i'm paying ver £30 a month for my PRO connection, is there a problem within Milton Keynes SMBT exchange or is this just about high amount of users downloading their movies or streaming
This is a fault in my eyes
2 REPLIES 2
James
Grafter

Re: Ping doubles in evening on PRO

Hi Mark,
Given that I've not seen any other complaints like that on Pro, I'd be inclined to think that it's the servers themselves becoming busier at those times.
markrach
Grafter

Re: Ping doubles in evening on PRO

Jameseh
Thanks for the quick reply , tbh i have noticed lag in the evening when playing and ping plotter does show quite a few spikes to over 500ms on server hops (plusnet nodes) . i was just wondering if this affects everyone .