cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ping doubled.

creeper

Ping doubled.

Just over a week ago I suffered an outage that lasted several hours, which was mostly intermittant. Several hours later (approx 12-16 hours) my ping time has doubled from under 20ms to just under 40ms.
Hre is a screenshot of it happening. http://www.thinkbroadband.com/ping/share/65073b83774b3e2c2b9cdbbbbb2492af-28-03-2014.html
Not a huge ping time you may say, but as a gamer, and playing servers across europe, this is much higher on the face of it. To the point where in some cases, I have been bumped off servers that I used to play fine on.
So my question is, I realise this can happen after a fault on the BT network, but shouldn't this have settled down by now? Or does it need to be reset by BT/Plusnet.
Plusnet support has been less than helpful (and rude), blaming it on congestion. I've never known congestion to keep re-syncing my modem for hours on end, though I stand corrected if that's the case.
Thanks.
2 REPLIES 2
AndyH
Grafter

Re: Ping doubled.

Looks like you've had interleaving applied to your line - have you noticed if your IP Profile has also decreased?
creeper

Re: Ping doubled.

Apologies. I meant to say my ip profile has decreased. Originally it was around 38Mb/s and has dropped to 31.49Mb/s.
Thanks for the reply.