cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone support becomeing a farce

glyndev
Grafter

Phone support becomeing a farce

I am as I post sat in a queue on the phone waiting for tech support.
When i first called i followed the menu prompts for talking to TS only for it to put me back to the main menu twice.
So i follow the menu to talk to CS spend 15 mins in queue to be told that i need to talk to TS and they will put me through.
Now in a queue for TS. Been on hold for 30 mins overall. Just answered.
The problem has supposedly been resolved 3 times and now told that it has been passed to network team who do not work until monday. Service rapidly going downhill.
P.S. this relates to another username not this one.
6 REPLIES 6
oldwhitebeard

Re: Phone support becomeing a farce

I sympathise
I too have been told that my problem [no email, no website, 458 hours now...] now needs the  Network team...who don't work weekends. But of course did not look at the problem at any point from 18.30 Thursday onwards. Tickets raised seem to not be responded to unless I call...
Michael
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: oldwhitebeard
I sympathise
I too have been told that my problem [no email, no website, 458 hours now...] now needs the  Network team...who don't work weekends. But of course did not look at the problem at any point from 18.30 Thursday onwards. Tickets raised seem to not be responded to unless I call...

Michael, looks like your domain had expired judging from the info on a whois lookup:
Domain ID:D78169887-LROR
Domain Name:PAINTMAN.ORG
Created On:03-Oct-2001 09:09:56 UTC
Last Updated On:06-Oct-2007 15:51:31 UTC
Expiration Date:03-Oct-2008 09:09:56 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Tucows Inc. (R11-LROR)

I understand that you've since contacted the registering agent to have it renewed. I've looked at your account and I'm not too happy that we failed to identify this Sad
I shall have a quick word with the support staff who dealt with your ticket early next week to make sure they understand the importance of checking for these things.
Edit: Devonports. What is your actual problem? Also, did you know you can see the current wait time online here?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

oldwhitebeard

Thanks Bob, posted a response to you in my original thread, but also many thanks to your last support agent who spotted this.[yes shame it wasn't earlier...but I should have thought of this too, of course] And we all [customers] get really on edge when we can't access our sites/emails
glyndev
Grafter

Quote from: Bob
Edit: Devonports. What is your actual problem? Also, did you know you can see the current wait time online here?

Hi Bob.
I was online and monitoring the current wait time while I was on the phone.
It was a tech problem that I was phoning about for another account. I could not FTP to cgi but is sorted now.
This is what happened.
1: Followed menu for TS but was switched back to the main menu.
2: As 1:
3: As 2:
4: Followed menu for CS got through and on hold.
5: After around 15 Mins got through to CS agent. Explained that I was trying to contact TS and what problem was. He said that he could not deal with it and that he would pass me through to TS (Fair enough that he could not deal if not qualified).
6: On hold another 15 mins waiting for TS.
What P£**%^ me off was that the TS menu option would not work, and then after being in the queue and waiting patiently. I then had to be put into another queue for another 15 mins to get to the people that I should have been able to get through to initially.
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 316

Quote from: Devonports
What P£**%^ me off was that the TS menu option would not work, and then after being in the queue and waiting patiently. I then had to be put into another queue for another 15 mins to get to the people that I should have been able to get through to initially.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound too good! Sad
At roughly what time did you try ringing? I'll check tomorrow to see if there were any known problems with the IVR. Presumably you were using a touch-tone phone?

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

glyndev
Grafter

Hi Bob.
Sent you a PM with relevent details and names.
Touch tone yes.