cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line has been disconnected

jaythe0ne
Grafter

Phone line has been disconnected

BT in their infinite wisdom disconnected my account today, and to make things worse, its through nothing I had done, it was an internal problem that reuslted in me being cut off. I have spent the morning on the phone to them, and had to start a new account, I have been told I will keep my phone number, but because my account was closed, I had to reapply for a phone line.
Anyhow, my question to them was how would this affect my broadband, and they told me that so long as I had the same phone line / telephoen number Plus.Net should not notice any difference, and my broadband should stay active.
Is this true, or am I about to experience and outage of internet for weeks on end whilst Plus.net - through no fault of theirs - tries to get me back online, and is this going to cost me anything, if so I need to know, because by the time i'm finished with them BT will be paying me to be a customer for the rest of my life.
Should I inform customer services, and if so, do I do it by raising a ticket ?
1 REPLY 1
James
Grafter

Re: Phone line has been disconnected

Hi Jay,
It depends on whether or not there's been a stop/start on your line.
If there has been, it creates a PSTN cease order on your line, which ultimately cancels broadband on your line after 5 working days.
I can't see any such orders on your line - normally we would be able to see a PSTN Cease order, so hopefully you should be fine.