cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone line and fttc transfers in - order status notifications?

HTeeBee
Grafter

Phone line and fttc transfers in - order status notifications?

I ordered PN FTTC and a phone package online on 4th March to move from another BTW FTTC ISP (MAC was provided to PN), BT line rental and a 3rd party CPS calls package. It is now 3 working days to the date I chose for the transfers in the online order and, apart from the Welcome to PN email I received on the day I ordered, I have heard nothing. Should I be worried? I don't even know if I need to book time off next Mon for an engineer visit as there seems to be no definitive information available as to whether Openreach attend or not for an existing FTTC - FTTC migration.  There is no confirmation in any of the emails I got or in my account status that the date I chose in the online order is the date that the transfer will actually take place.
My PN Member Centre order status for the FTTC has 'Signup' and 'Checking your details' complete and current status of 'Checking your line' since 4th March. That leaves 'First payment,' 'Activating your line, your order has been sent,' 'Hardware delivery,' and 'Broadband order' still to complete. Isn't that cutting it a bit fine?
Similarly the order status for the TG582n shows 'hardware dispatch pending, the order has not yet been placed.' There is no detailed 'Order Status' link for the phone/calls package except just 'Unconfigured.'
What is the typical timeline and notification method for each stage of the ordering process to complete?    
adie:red All caps title removed.
20 REPLIES 20
HTeeBee
Grafter

Re: Phone line and fttc transfers in - order status notifications?

Would it be possible for any of the PN staff to comment on this please?
I suppose I really just want reassurance that what I'm seeing is normal and I have nothing to worry about with regard to my transfer next Monday.
AndyH
Grafter

I think a mod needs to move this to the Broadband and Routers thread Smiley
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moved...
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HTeeBee
Grafter

Thanks.

Thanks. Was beginning to think I'd posted in the wrong place but a mod had seen it earlier because my post title was made all lower case a couple of hours ago. Wasn't sure of best place to post because it's a combined phone/broadband order query. I see there's been at least 30 PN staff replies to other threads in the forum since my OP - maybe they're too busy to work their way that far down the board to Other Queries.  Wink    Smiley
HTeeBee
Grafter

I thought this was a straightforward question.  Sad
Anyway I've raised a ticket. Hopefully I'll get an answer or some other notification by tomorrow morning to know if I need to book time off and arrange cover for Monday.
HTeeBee
Grafter

Answered by Chris Purvey in ticket response, thanks.
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
No worries, hope that explained thing for you Smiley
HTeeBee
Grafter

Not quite - I sent you a reply.
HTeeBee
Grafter

@chrispurvey
I got a further reply to my ticket from somebody else in PN this morning and I'm afraid it's going from bad to worse.  Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi,
I've replied to your ticket.
HTeeBee
Grafter

Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi,
I've replied to your ticket.

Thanks Chris. Much happier. Sent you a further ticket response - I'll stick with 3rd April now and plan round it accordingly.
HTeeBee
Grafter

Does anybody know what the indications are that a BTW to BTW FTTC migration into PN has completed successfully? My changeover is scheduled for today (as confirmed 2 days ago in ticket 67705110) but there are no clues in the Member Centre, where the account status still says "line being checked.*
Will I at some point today automatically lose my PPPoE / internet connection with my old ISP, that will then prompt me to login with my new PN login details? There's nothing I can see in the PN guides / FAQs for this scenario.
Alternatively, do I have to manually drop the PPPoE connection that remains active with my old ISP and then try to establish a PN PPPoE connection.
Part of the reason for the uncertainty is that my OR modem did a remote reboot at just after midnight this morning. My ping dropped significantly to the lowest I've seen apart from when I first got FTTC, so it looks like I may be in the first 24 - 36 hour window of a new connection where DLM is wide open and interleaving is off.
I also ran the BTW Further Diagnostics this morning (with my old ISP connection still active) and it shows my connection has changed, after the modem reboot from 80/20 to 40/10, despite assurances from PN that this wouldn't happen.
Is there anybody with 1st hand experience of an FTTC migration who can shed some light on the sequence of events?  Otherwise I guess I'll just sit on my hands for 24 hours.
HTeeBee
Grafter

Well here I am the day after my supposed migration to PN still connected to my old ISP.
Do any of the PN staff want to answer my questions in the previous post or let me know if there's anything else I ought to be doing?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI,
Sorry for the delay, your fibre migration has now completed and you should be able to connect via a PPPoE connection or via the router that we sent you.
Your phone migration is still in going through the migration process.
Chris