Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone issue affecting broadband

bienhomme
Hooked

Phone issue affecting broadband

Hi Plusnet team.  you've been very good recently with  

Question #142539283

There was an erratic connection prob that you rectified and I had a good chat with one of you about broadband that was helpful. I still feel there is a prob with my line  It is a bit noisy and lately since using the hall phone beside that router (belkin) I've seen it flash off erratically when I'm talking. I use that router as it gives the speed which has dropped from the tested 9 when you fixed it to 3 last night. So something is still not right so any ideas why my phone usage should interfere with my broadband ??  My office extension simply packed in and while trying to check it in the loft area my daughter said her b b had gone off so summat up somewhere. Any ideas folks and pros ??  

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Changed thread title to reflect issue.

7 REPLIES 7
bienhomme
Hooked

Re: Phone issue affecting broadband

Hi again.  You from Derbyshire by the way, the whizz who helped me before ??  Can you tell me what I am getting now ?/

my router shows 3 so maybe your part of the line is fine but my stuff in the house is [-Censored-] ??  Cheers

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav)

Split to its own thread and title changed

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If the line is disconnecting when you're on a call this can be caused by filtering or extension wiring. I'd advise testing an alternate filter and using the master socket (test socket if possible) and seeing if the disconnections happen when you make a call then

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
bienhomme
Hooked

Hi again. Sorry for messing you about but I was doing O K when I had to use the phone while still on the thread and it blew off..then I didn't know how to get back. I have tried new filters and fed out from the main supply and also have dis connected my extension. So I've decided it's like as not your fault per se but the house wiring.  So I'm hoping a friend of a friend whose a BT engineer will have a look at things.before I mess you about anymore. That'll be a while no doubt so I'll get back (I hope 'cos I'm [-Censored-] with forums anyway and am a newie on yours) and update you.  

bienhomme
Hooked

Hi  I said I'd get the internal wiring sorted which I have and am getting 48 volts at the main box which is new.  AGAIN While phoning my router flicked off.  I tested b b speed and have had everything from 1.5 to 3.  The Upload speed is actually faster on occasion ! When it should be around 1/10 ish as my router tells me and previous tests.  SO Summat is still badly wrong.

When I signed up I got 12, about twice the talk talk and now I get what I get without altering anything apart from the wiring improvement. So come on lads this isn't on !! .

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat) All caps removed as per Forum rules

bienhomme
Hooked

Hi again.  I completely recabled and boxed the extension ....all new and STILL get flickering on my router.  So will buy a new phone and see what that does .Still only getting 3 at the most even with the main input line redone.so still summat up down the line somewhere seeing as I got 12 on average when I signed up.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

If you're happy with the internal wiring and still continue to get issues I'd advise getting this reported to us as a fault at https://faults.plus.net

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.