Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone fault fixed but now speed rubbish

KevinA
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Phone fault fixed but now speed rubbish

I have had a phone fault fixed today but now my fibre speed is rubbish, the worst part is the phone fault wasn't slowing my speed in the first place but going from a rock solid 70+Mb for over 18 month to 50 odd Mb isn't acceptable.
11 REPLIES 11
Terranova667
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Phone fault fixed but now speed rubbish

sorry to say but your going to have to wait until DLM chooses if at all to raise your speed back up, i'm in the same situation as you ie phone fault that was fixed resulting in dropped Profiles / speed after 3 engineer visits and plusnet will do nothing I asked for a DLM reset but told that cant happen as i say they use the it's down to DLM response,  Good luck you could be in for a very long wait.    
Acassim
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Morning KevinAndrews,
As Terranova667 says, this will be something that the DLM will need to increase as it moves past the fault. If you need a little more info on DLM then you can take a look here to see what it is and how it works.
Ultimately it works on evidence so the more stable the connection is, the more it will nudge the speeds up as time goes on.
KevinA
Rising Star

Your assuming that DLM has slowed my line sync when it hasn't, my line was connected perfectly at 77.2 this morning then the engineer arrived and the OR modem disconnected (as it has been many times before even during the fault) and wasn't reconnected until the fault was fixed. this isn't caused by DLM its simply they've moved me on to a lower quality pair in order to fix the line fault.
Terranova667
Pro

Even if you were moved to another pair be it of lesser or higher quality it's still up to DLM to choose to raise your profiles / Sync should it in it's almighty wisdom  Roll_eyes think the line is good enough to do so, as i say you could be in for a very long wait , it's been two weeks for me and ive yet to see anything from DLM and i don't believe for one minute that my line isn't good enough but a draconian automated system knows best it seems.  
KevinA
Rising Star

my TBB graph isn't looking pretty either..
I wish I'd never reported a fault with the phone line now.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There was a fault with underground cabling between the cabinet and your telephone pole. If the fault hadn't have been raised and the fault fixed, it's likely that, at some point, the service will have dropped altogether.
There are a couple of spikes of Packet Loss, have the ones at 7pm and 7:30am been noticeable? The Packet Loss overnight is likely caused by Planned Engineer Works which can drop broadband connections for up to 4 hours at a time.
KevinA
Rising Star

My connection is getting slower not faster, the line supported 77.2meg for 17month without any major issues now its struggling to even support the the lower estimate. The fact plusnet are saying everything is fine is unacceptable a drop of 19meg isnt acceptable.
The bt speed tester also no longer works and hasn't since the line fault, (screen shot attached)
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

If you're speeds are lower than you believe to be acceptable, if might be worth raising a fault at http://faults.plus.net so our Faults Team can take a look.
KevinA
Rising Star

I've raised a fault now.. But only because the connection has stopped working completely, I've a red light on the modem  even after rebooting both the modem and router and even doing a full factory reset of the router. Tried a direct pppoe connection from PC and that also failed. Posting this using me mobile.
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

There's an active MSO (Major Service Outage) in your area at the moment which is the likely reason for the loss of service.
The Target Completion Time is 15:00 however this is subject to change due to the nature of service failures.
KevinA
Rising Star

Thank you for the info... I'll leave ticket open for now and close it if the service restores itself.. Thanks again..